Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Williams Motorrad Manchester

  1. #1
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Saddleworth England
    Posts
    36

    Williams Motorrad Manchester

    I rang Williams earlier today to source a replacement for a broken plastic trim piece ('BMW End cover rear') for my GS carbon helmet.

    They had the part in stock so I called in to collect it, the girl on the parts counter insisted on fitting it to check that it was the correct part.

    She asked if I'd bought the helmet from them, I confirmed that I hadn't.

    She then asked if the helmet was less than 2 years old, I said I thought that it was.

    Outcome - part replaced as faulty FOC.

    Great customer service like this deserves to be shouted from the rooftops

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In The Here and Now
    Posts
    7,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Haydnw View Post
    I rang Williams earlier today to source a replacement for a broken plastic trim piece ('BMW End cover rear') for my GS carbon helmet.

    They had the part in stock so I called in to collect it, the girl on the parts counter insisted on fitting it to check that it was the correct part.

    She asked if I'd bought the helmet from them, I confirmed that I hadn't.

    She then asked if the helmet was less than 2 years old, I said I thought that it was.

    Outcome - part replaced as faulty FOC.

    Great customer service like this deserves to be shouted from the rooftops
    It was likely to have been Levi that you were dealing with although the other lady on the desk is good too. Always have had good service from them on spares and clothing.
    It was Levi sorted me out when i needed the fuel pipe connector re-call doing on my previous bike at short notice when Chester Motorrad failed me miserably.

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    337
    +1 for great service at Williams ....except getting through to service dept by phone....but I'm persistent

    Travel from N Wales to there....good butty shop 5 mins away

  4. #4
    +1 also for Williams....

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,175
    You’ve just got to watch them and keep them on their toes if you’re selling a bike to them. They can be forgetful to pay you for your bike!

  6. #6
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Slawit
    Posts
    6,698
    Quote Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
    You’ve just got to watch them and keep them on their toes if you’re selling a bike to them. They can be forgetful to pay you for your bike!
    I waited a while to get some money back they owed me.
    lets av it

  7. #7
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I waited a while to get some money back they owed me.
    I kid you not, they gave me £1000 compo (hush money) for not making a public fuss over their 'oversight'. The dealer principle rang me, asked me what I wanted to resolve matters, with a touch of optimism I told him £1000 and he immediately said yes and the money was swiftly paid into my bank account plus the money they had forgotten to pay me for the bike I had sold them.

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by HGS View Post
    +1 for great service at Williams ....except getting through to service dept by phone....but I'm persistent

    Travel from N Wales to there....good butty shop 5 mins away
    Me too from Penymynydd

  9. #9
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Streh
    Posts
    3,183
    Quote Originally Posted by UturnTony View Post
    It was likely to have been Levi that you were dealing with although the other lady on the desk is good too. Always have had good service from them on spares and clothing.
    It was Levi sorted me out when i needed the fuel pipe connector re-call doing on my previous bike at short notice when Chester Motorrad failed me miserably.
    From my understanding, [mention]Sadjim [/mention] of this Parish does work there. He sorted me out (FOC) with a brand new shoulder strap for the tail bag that I purchased from the member on here.

    If and when I do return to owning another BMW, I will be taking the trading up to Manchester to see the man in person and buy him a pint. Fantastic service. Thank you Jim.
    W.E. Bespoke Cabinetry
    Bespoke Made To Measure Freestanding and Fitted Furniture
    Click above link for more info



    Bike currently owned:
    2018 KTM 1290 Super Adventure S

    Bikes owned in the past:
    2017 R1200 GS Adventure Tripple Black TE
    2014 R1200 GS TE,
    2015 Honda Forza NSS125A
    2013 Piaggio Vespa GTS125ie
    2004 Honda Pantheon FES125
    2001 Chunlan Starway 125 (shortest ownership ever, only 3 weeks)

  10. #10
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by EVskij View Post
    From my understanding, [mention]Sadjim [/mention] of this Parish does work there. He sorted me out (FOC) with a brand new shoulder strap for the tail bag that I purchased from the member on here.

    If and when I do return to owning another BMW, I will be taking the trading up to Manchester to see the man in person and buy him a pint. Fantastic service. Thank you Jim.
    Yep Sadjim works there, met with him on one of services, did me a good deal on a top box including fitting when I bought a pre owned bike from them.

  11. #11
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ormskirk
    Posts
    156
    So as regards Williams Motorcycles there seems to be a theme occurring here about their real reluctance to pay the money they owe.

    I’ve held back on commenting on here as there was an ongoing court case against them.

    My experience here has been diabolical, I will be completely fair to the service side of their business as they have been excellent, however the sales side and management sucks.

    A long story short: after advice I went to them for a new bike…….big mistake.

    The salesman, made such a dogs dinner of the order on many fronts, in short;
    wrong invoices, inaccurate or lacking information, ignored requests for updates and info, total lack of knowledge of transferring reg numbers, which was part of the contract, datatool contracts misrepresented, the list goes on.

    On the day of collection he doesn’t even deal with me, bear in mind I haven’t complained at this point. He hands me over to another sales person, she tried her best to sort everything out thats been dumped on her, but couldn’t sort the plate transfer. I had to pay the fee myself whereas this was part of the contract for them to sort the lot out. I then I had to wait on the phone 45minutes to change my Reg Number back, as they had failed to sort it on the day.

    The saga goes on with the head of sales……………and they agree to pay me back the transfer fee.

    Numerous weeks later and a multitude of excuse its still not paid. I give them a deadline to pay and again they fail. So I take them to the small claims court. And provide a full complaint to the Director of Business. The complaint is shoved under the table.

    I actually called them to discuss but surprisingly the Salesman, Head of Sales and Director had all left the business. I wonder if they were part of the problem or leaving a sinking ship.

    Anyway they agree to mediation, which I also agree to, and they agree to pay part of the claim by a set date. Guess what……………….they haven’t paid.

    So what do you think? I have a number of options:
    1) I can ask for a court judgement against them.
    2) I can ask for the original claim to be reinstated and it goes to hearing.
    3) I ring them up and ask to speak to the new Director and ask him what are they playing at.
    4) Other?

    Has anyone had any similar experiences, not necessarily with this company or with motorcycles but in trying to get money which is owed to you.

    Its not a dealership I will be visiting any time soon or recommending to any others who may be thinking of getting a BMW. I've take all my servicing business elsewhere, which seems unfair on an excellent serivce department who are let down by the other half.

    Cheers Ali

  12. #12
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRiderdotcom View Post

    So what do you think? I have a number of options:
    1) I can ask for a court judgement against them.
    2) I can ask for the original claim to be reinstated and it goes to hearing.
    3) I ring them up and ask to speak to the new Director and ask him what are they playing at.
    4) Other?

    Has anyone had any similar experiences, not necessarily with this company or with motorcycles but in trying to get money which is owed to you.

    Its not a dealership I will be visiting any time soon or recommending to any others who may be thinking of getting a BMW. I've take all my servicing business elsewhere, which seems unfair on an excellent serivce department who are let down by the other half.

    Cheers Ali
    Ask for a Court Judgement against them, that will have the most impact on their business.

  13. #13
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ormskirk
    Posts
    156

    Many thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tripp View Post
    Ask for a Court Judgement against them, that will have the most impact on their business.
    Many thanks Wes

    Ali b

  14. #14
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    14,373
    They’ve always been good to me, whether it’s parts for my old GS’s or on a deal for my new GSA.

    My only complaint would be getting through to parts or service on the phone, but they do always get back to you albeit it takes a while.

    Fat blokes bounce better

    "The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

    flipfly - Dec 2012

  15. #15
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Manchester (near)
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipfly View Post
    They’ve always been good to me, whether it’s parts for my old GS’s or on a deal for my new GSA.

    My only complaint would be getting through to parts or service on the phone, but they do always get back to you albeit it takes a while.
    Didn't get back to me recently with a email enquiry.. Did get the usual automated reply but nothing more.
    Strange as they mailed me twice about my MOT being due...


    Sent from my M2007J22G using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    he who knows nothing Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    sutton, surrey , england.
    Posts
    2,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tripp View Post
    I kid you not, they gave me £1000 compo (hush money) for not making a public fuss over their 'oversight'. The dealer principle rang me, asked me what I wanted to resolve matters, with a touch of optimism I told him £1000 and he immediately said yes and the money was swiftly paid into my bank account plus the money they had forgotten to pay me for the bike I had sold them.
    well , hush , didn't happen did it !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy



UKGSer is....

"A vent, a source of info, a source of bullshit, a source of humour and in the coming months, possibly a source of sanity." Big Lad March 2020

"I have always known this community is full good people even if most of you cover it up with piss n vinegar" Chad 2018

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good" Kaister 2005