France tool booth location

Yarkto

You only need one!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
file in .gpx format
Would any kind soul who may have this please post up?
Am always fumbling for change causing queues and it would help if I could get my satnag to warn me of upcoming toll booth
Merci buckets as they say over there!:thumb2

Not got a GPX file but, in Google maps, Search for "Peage locations" in any particular area shows them up on the Aitoroutes..

Without wishing to start a 50 pager just get one of these

Costs you 1.70 euros per month that you use it in France & nothing when you don't use it, they work perfectly, car or bike so you can swap vehicles, 4 countries covered, no more faffing or queueing

They're doing free delivery at the moment and 3 months free usage charge (abonnement)

https://www.mango-mobilitesbyaprr.com/en/topeurop-fepi

Mcinlb- yes thanks but short of copying all the locations by hand to create a file- it would take ages.:surrender
Leadfarmer- yep knows them but not looking for a payment method. I'm still on the hunt for that elusive geo locator GPX file.
Thanks both for replying

Wondering if Mr Wapping might have one?

Merci

Thanks a lot John- can you post up the new one (2016)? can't seem to locate it with your link! I can't imagine the Froggies would have build a great deal more of them since then- so, as they say in Yorkshire, That'll do :okay:D

Without wishing to start a 50 pager just get one of these

Costs you 1.70 euros per month that you use it in France & nothing when you don't use it, they work perfectly, car or bike so you can swap vehicles, 4 countries covered, no more faffing or queueing

They're doing free delivery at the moment and 3 months free usage charge (abonnement)

https://www.mango-mobilitesbyaprr.com/en/topeurop-fepi

Whilst I'd love to start a 50 pager :D

Card in your tank bag pocket........wham, bham thank you mam and off you go. Why on earth would you need advance warning of a toll booth :confused:

Andres

can you post up the new one (2016)? can'#t seem to locate it with your link!

PoiPlaza now uses POIBase to download files directly to your device as a GPI file. If I run it through a converter to Garmin GPX format it ends up at 2.7megs. Too big for attaching. The original GPI is also too big.

If you install POIBase and search for "Barriere de Péage" you will find it. Your device has to be connected to the PC/MAC to search & download.

Edit: Loaded into BC and its so big because it now includes all European tolls, as far as I can see.

Whilst I'd love to start a 50 pager :D

Card in your tank bag pocket........wham, bham thank you mam and off you go. Why on earth would you need advance warning of a toll booth :confused:

Andres

Haven’t got a tank bag :D

And I like playing barrier roulette, riding into the 30kmh lanes wondering if it’s going to raise the barrier or decapitate us :reaper

But yes, as you say, advanced warning is of limited use as you still need to stop and pay :nenau

I do not have and have never had a GPX file of payage barrier locations.

I do though have a rapid pass blipper thing, to speed me on my way. People who fumble around with coins, need to be shot.

PS Michelin maps mark them all. I doubt if you will ever need to load them all. That being said, the most useful thing I have marked is where the free section starts and ends around Boulogne, so I can nip onto the motorway to skip around the town. I have the same for skirting the city of Lyon and Nancy (which is a real grind to get through).

People who fumble around with coins, need to be shot.

Bikers who fumble around with coins should be applauded, they piss off following car drivers who eventually complain leading to free passage for bikes :)

Bikers who fumble around with coins should be applauded, they piss off following car drivers who eventually complain leading to free passage for bikes :)

Clearly not working on the French payage network…… and they’ve arguably had years of trying.

:confused:

The question :confused: me n'all.....

Am always fumbling for change causing queues and it would help if I could get my satnag to warn me of upcoming toll booth

Presumably he wants to fumble about on the move. Or, to prepare himself mentally for the fumbling to come.

However, as the tolls are signed at least a kilometre out and signed again and are somewhat large, you’d think he’d have enough warning without a ping from his GPS unit.

How much notice do you want ?

Attachments

• 5210523F-4D38-4EFE-A90C-A764E7E557F9.jpg
    5210523F-4D38-4EFE-A90C-A764E7E557F9.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 861696F4-7BF5-42A2-A345-D94BB0BCD13B.jpeg
    861696F4-7BF5-42A2-A345-D94BB0BCD13B.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 75404667-45AF-4673-AF43-EB237574BCC2.jpeg
    75404667-45AF-4673-AF43-EB237574BCC2.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 43FF6349-1354-4501-8C0F-E6E4491EDD8A.jpeg
    43FF6349-1354-4501-8C0F-E6E4491EDD8A.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 193
Haven’t got a tank bag :D

And I like playing barrier roulette, riding into the 30kmh lanes wondering if it’s going to raise the barrier or decapitate us :reaper

But yes, as you say, advanced warning is of limited use as you still need to stop and pay :nenau

Interesting thing that. Do bikes pay the same charge as cars ?

Interesting thing that. Do bikes pay the same charge as cars ?

As above

You’ll be charged as class 5 for a bike or class 1 for a car, it’s automatic and works perfectly as long as you don’t go through a lane with a no motorcycles symbol above (as outlined in blue)

The lanes with a 2m barrier above saying “Reservé”, will open the barrier if you’re on a bike but you will be charged the class 1 car rate, it’s easy to miss the signs, I’ve don it a couple of times

In the photo below you should take the right hand lane if you’re on a bike

Attachments

• 0BE4E0C8-EA57-4050-9CDB-251ADC8E0ED1.jpeg
    0BE4E0C8-EA57-4050-9CDB-251ADC8E0ED1.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 190
  • 9D6B7F77-98ED-42EF-86F8-F8D805D91964.jpeg
    9D6B7F77-98ED-42EF-86F8-F8D805D91964.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 176
I gave up on the toll roads last weekend through central France, closed with diversions that made no sense whatsoever, so on returning I used the N routes and saved 98 Euro and it was quicker! Seems to me that this time of year it happens more frequently.

Edit: Loaded into BC and its so big because it now includes all European tolls, as far as I can see.
Done, edited and fixed. Thanks John

...and it's a barrier allergy thing :rob I do the same for frontiers, customs blah blah blah

Back
Top Bottom