R80ST front brake switch wiring

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK I have sourced a brake light switch, looks like the threads are knackered on the brake lever where the switch screws in which may be the reason it is missing, anyway should be able to sort the threads.

My question is does anyone know where the wiring for the front brake switch goes to, I have looked at the wiring diagram but am not great with those. Does it plug in somewhere in the headlight bucket or somewhere else?

Also left side two connectors unused anyone know what these are for? Pic below.

Thank you all so much again

Attachments

• InkedDSCF1118_LI.jpg
    InkedDSCF1118_LI.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 129
Usually it is about there

What would be sensible to do is that one with the green black wire and the red green

Make a bit of wire with a 2.5, 3 or 5 amp fuse in the middle and bridge the contacts with the ignition on and see if the tail lamp comes on Which I think it will

try not to bridge things without a fuse in it lest you fry something

Usually it is about there

What would be sensible to do is that one with the green black wire and the red green

Make a bit of wire with a 2.5, 3 or 5 amp fuse in the middle and bridge the contacts with the ignition on and see if the tail lamp comes on Which I think it will

try not to bridge things without a fuse in it lest you fry something

Can I take the **** a little and ask if you know where I may be able to get a connector to suit this as the switch I have got is slightly different? I don't really want to start altering the harness on the bike.

Also the other spare hiding behind that this one with two brown wires do you know what that's for?

Cheers so much again

Can I take the **** a little and ask

if you know where I may be able to get a connector to suit this as the switch I have got is slightly different? I don't really want to start altering the harness on the bike.

Not a problem Hold on I will go see what my wiring diagram says for front brake switch

Your front brake switch should be correctly supplied and fit the bikes connector

You want a green wire with a red trace on one side and a green wire with a black trace for the other

Follow your back brake wire up to the connector to verify the colours and type of plug

Not a problem Hold on I will go see what my wiring diagram says for front brake switch

Your front brake switch should be correctly supplied and fit the bikes connector

You want a green wire with a red trace on one side and a green wire with a black trace for the other

Follow your back brake wire up to the connector to verify the colours and type of plug

Aha it seems I may have ordered the wrong one.

And thank you again for taking the time I shall go and spend a few more quid.

I had a closer look and that is just the Sub-loom which you will need anyway unless you have a small wire up to there with two small spades at the minute???

It is definitely better buying a new switch but you do get a 6 month warranty with used parts

ELA44070 Switch

ELR44090 Loom Used

I had a closer look and that is just the Sub-loom which you will need anyway unless you have a small wire up to there with two small spades at the minute???

It is definitely better buying a new switch but you do get a 6 month warranty with used parts

ELA44070 Switch

ELR44090 Loom Used

Thanks again will see if they have a used loom.

Also do you know what the other unused one behind is for with the two brown leads?

Cheers again

Thanks again will see if they have a used loom.

Also do you know what the other unused one behind is for with the two brown leads?

Cheers again

there is a brown and a brown with yellow trace shown for the Clutch switch ?

Can you start the bike in gear with the clutch pulled but not with the clutch released?

If you PM me your e mail I can send you a colour wiring diagram

Quite confident that it goes to the green connector in the picture.

This may help from my rebuild.
e5b1d80241da589c2c7edbb8f4dc19a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom