Obtaining Garmin Refurbished Issues.

What’s the hard ware version of your unit please.

Mine is V8, when it fu€€$d up I took it off bike to switch off fully, usually only way that sorts it, it would not switch back on. So I put it on mains charge, with garmin lead, overnight, still no life in the morning.

That was 3/4 days ago, I tried today and it turned on, so I am about to do my daily commute so I’ll see how it fairs.

I am interested to try out the taping over of the contact points method, to see if that helps, or that could of course be a wind up.

Seems my initial Euphoria in getting latest 'Make Life a Ride' refurb unit is short lived. having received it just before Christmas. All I've done is back it up on my computer. Seemed to work OK sat at the desk. Today I went for the first ride of the season if only brief and to check out the new Nav.
All downhill. Wouldn't initially switch on in the bike mount and when it did none of the touch buttons would work. They acknowledge being touched but nothing happened. Tried a reboot but stuck on the 'Do you want to erase date Yes/No option'. Removed the battery and re installed. No better. So its a call to Garmin on Monday. Not good.
So despite what looks like a brand new screen and case whats inside??

Garmin rung Moday. Packed and delivered to UPS drop off Mon afternoon. Collection would be next day, Tuesday. Exchange unit delivered 09.00 Thursday. Not a bad turn around. Lets hope this one performs as it should (Make Life a Ride Unit).

Garmin rung Moday. Packed and delivered to UPS drop off Mon afternoon. Collection would be next day, Tuesday. Exchange unit delivered 09.00 Thursday. Not a bad turn around. Lets hope this one performs as it should (Make Life a Ride Unit).

Although I have wrote about this in another thread, I am on my 5th replaced unit which is a “make life a ride” I have had it about 1 month now and it started to play up within a few days of receiving it. Although it has behaved for a week or so. I have contacted garmin, and I must say they have been extremely helpful. This unit is getting replaced. I enquired if the replacement is a refurbished unit, and they told me it is going to be a new one. Fingers crossed.

Do let us know how its packaged when you receive it.

Interestingly the refurb units come in a small plain white box which is labelled with a BMW sticker and with a BMW RMA printed document for if the unit is returned to them.
The part number on it is 77528504061 which is a BMW, NAVIGATOR VI BASE UNIT

Do let us know how its packaged when you receive it.

Interestingly the refurb units come in a small plain white box which is labelled with a BMW sticker and with a BMW RMA printed document for if the unit is returned to them.
The part number on it is 77528504061 which is a BMW, NAVIGATOR VI BASE UNIT

This unit that is going back came to me in a plain white box, however garmin informed it was a brand new unused unit. Which would mean it must have been removed from the original packaging and repackaged before sending it to me. I wonder if they do this so it cannot be sold on as brand new unopened.

My original Nav6 purchase was over 4yrs ago (when they came out). It’s been replaced once before - 2yrs ago, by my local dealer (not the dealer I bought it from). Now its over 4yrs old - BMW aren’t interested in replacing it.

Could you share the best contact details for ‘repair/refurb’ option that’s been discussed on here please ?

Thanks.

Just contact Garmin customer services and they'll assist you with a short-term lease replacement...

Back
Top Bottom