Fuel tank connector

Lartoneer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m replacing a plastic insert on the left side of the fuel tank of my 2008 GS1200 to which the fuel feed connects to the pump. I have asked my local Motorrad dealership for the non setting sealant to use on the threads but they are unable to find or supply such.
Has anyone else done the same repair and if so which sealant did you use?
Thanks.

PTFE tape will do it or Permatex 85420 etc.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve seen PTFE tape used in a you tube video on this same application. I suspect that tape will fail at some point in the future resulting in petrol leaking past the threads.
Permatex is a non setting sealant for use on metal parts but no reference to plastic.
Replacement parts bought in the US are supplied with GASOILER SS02 semi setting sealant but it’s not available here in UK.
It’s strange that BMW Motorrad cannot seem to find the correct sealant for the job.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve seen PTFE tape used in a you tube video on this same application. I suspect that tape will fail at some point in the future resulting in petrol leaking past the threads.
Permatex is a non setting sealant for use on metal parts but no reference to plastic.
Replacement parts bought in the US are supplied with GASOILER SS02 semi setting sealant but it’s not available here in UK.
It’s strange that BMW Motorrad cannot seem to find the correct sealant for the job.

Tru-Blu thread sealant. Small tubes available from Toolstation! Can be used on plastics and metals and with Gasoline

https://cdn1-originals.webdamdb.com/13771_83091321?Policy=eyJTdGF0ZW1lbnQiOlt7IlJlc291cmNlIjoiaHR0cCo6Ly9jZG4xLW9yaWdpbmFscy53ZWJkYW1kYi5jb20vMTM3NzFfODMwOTEzMjEiLCJDb25kaXRpb24iOnsiRGF0ZUxlc3NUaGFuIjp7IkFXUzpFcG9jaFRpbWUiOjIxNDc0MTQ0MDB9fX1dfQ__&Signature=oR4GOjWV3OvtFNsceSG0dglfGVMfqckB~Zegyo~v2YZ8X7RkPOnOE38yyG-5e~MB364P~XNKwibj7C~P7ny-cv-SbF9PxJBO73t~lZclKrLBUmv2KBCONIVUGPc0IOSL-OLKIUPxYHYRKD5Mg-C4pT4MoHMVGNRX~8BYZnJbjYWLFLsCwpwmlRF7IBCB6~sJcCGnTNmMztsDjxAZQ1ARc40lFrEBPkZxgDkYei1mkE887v32owpx9x15R6MQvgf567FM24ii8jd3iHBarLKW6ZE0epaitnbh~sdO2cBV2~NGPYTw3Pq~OtdFV~xdetrWk9ZaYb4sfBD7PumbtdQdrg__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAI2ASI2IOLRFF2RHA

Back
Top Bottom