O Ring ‘Green in colour’

techi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,
Hopefully someone can help, please see attached pic. There’s a green O ring behind this cover and it has presented an oil leak, I’ve replaced with same size black O ring which stops oil leak for a month maybe two and then leaks again. Would somebody have the part number for the correct O ring. I’m of course assuming the issue is the O ring and open to your thoughts, maybe other have experienced same leak.
941de39ae147bded13cf551147a77086.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@skudd thanks for that, I’ve had a look but it doesn’t break it down, so can’t identify from there. Handy site I definitely book mark.

My bike is a 2005 R1200GS and I have just replaced this O ring due to an oil leak. The part number I used was 11147665328. You are right it is green in colour.
You can click on the images in realoem to drill down to the parts numbers

When servicing dive equipment the green o rings are for nitrox, ie oxygen safe as opposed to the black ones which are not at higher percentages.

No idea about your bike, but if it should be green, personally I’d fit the green. I may have some spare if you get stuck.

Thank you very much guys, I’ve ordered o ring as per part number above and shall have in approx 10 days, maybe sooner.

Back
Top Bottom