Thread: Zaragoza hotel

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Zaragoza hotel

Any suggestions for 1 night near Zaragoza

How near do you want to be ? Not actually in Zaragoza?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    How near do you want to be ? Not actually in Zaragoza?
    Good question that.

To which might be added: Price, biker friendly qualities, availability of frites and ketchup, security.... and no doubt many others.

I can recommend Hotel Sauce in the centre. Reasonable price, secure underground parking and just metres from the famous Baslica. Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.
    IF IT´S GOT TITS OR TYRES THEN SOONER OR LATER YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Just looking for a overnight stop on route to La Rochelle in france

If you want Zaragoza, Hotel Sauce certainly gets good reviews for a budget price. Top end Old Town, like the Avenida are far more expensive. The Reina Petronila, out in the University area is modern lux at very keen prices currently.

Personally it's not somewhere that fits with our biking trips particularly well. Tell us a bit more about your plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyno View Post
    I can recommend Hotel Sauce in the centre. Reasonable price, secure underground parking and just metres from the famous Baslica. Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.
    Sounds perfect for tossers.
    You can all ketchup in the bar over a beer !!

I’m on route from toreveja and heading to Cherbourg so Zaragoza and la Rochelle are my two planned overnights

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Sounds perfect for tossers.
    You can all ketchup in the bar over a beer !!
    You'll brown some off, with comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Paddy View Post
    I’m on route from toreveja and heading to Cherbourg so Zaragoza and la Rochelle are my two planned overnights
    Lots of slab then, so you really don't want to stray too far from the M/way, or get into city traffic. There are several options on the edge of town, near Zaragoza Airport which may suit.

My personal preference would be the Parador, at Soria, which offers an excellent ride, both up from Teruel, then next day over the mountains to Logrono. Not suitable for winter rides though.

Don’t do motorways

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Paddy View Post
    Don’t do motorways
    it might help if you posted your route - which road are you using to get into the area and which direction are you heading on day 2 as there's seems to be a western and eastern option as well as one up the middle via Canfranc?
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

I have stayed at the ibis Zaragoza centro a few times, reasonable with underground parking also easy to find on arrival.

https://all.accor.com/hotel/3317/ind...se#origin=ibis

A nice walk accross the bridge into and back out of the city https://www.google.je/maps/@41.65801...i6656?hl=en-GB

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    it might help if you posted your route - which road are you using to get into the area and which direction are you heading on day 2 as there's seems to be a western and eastern option as well as one up the middle via Canfranc?
    Nope, everyone is meant to guess. Then, based on their guess, come up with hotels near Zaragoza.

One of the best Spanish cities I have stayed in and I can recommend Hotel Sauce. Funny thing is the parking, which is opposite, down the street and underground. In our case one of the reception staff ran in front, opened the garage, then proceeded to run in front of the bike down and down and down into the bowels of the city. It was quite hilarious
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Where did you stay in the end?

Please name the hotel and let fellow site members, who might need a hotel near Zaragoza, know if was any good and why.

Thank you.