Shocks?

Orbit

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Next thing on my list is suspension.

Can I replace just the rear? Or do I have to replace the pair together?

Bikes done 57000miles 55 plate.

No problem with changing one at a time. What you changing them to? :nenau Getting them refurbed could be an answer too. :thumb2
There’s a few refurbishers about. One on here gets great reviews. :thumb2

Give Luke at T-Tech suspension a ring
Full refurb and in addition you can specify a new spring of your choice at additional cost
Really good , can only recommend....

Denz0 here has done two sets of shocks for me . One set OEM, he upgraded them and are brilliant. The other set is a set of Nitrons ,also did a great job on them

Haven't made any decisions yet. Just having a look around at the moment but will probably go with rear first and see how I go.

Are YSS any good??

I have a pair of YSS shocks on my GS,bought them last year and have been very pleased with the improvement in ride quality.
My originals had nearly 60,000 on them and although they were not leaking the rear was really struggling 2 up.
I bought mine from Firefox Racing who were pretty hopeless,long wait,wrong rear shock sent,adamant it was the correct one and told me I must be fitting it wrong (it had the adjuster on the shock body instead of remote),no return of phone calls or emails,no apology or refund of return postage,won't be using them again.

The YSS shocks seemed very well made and fitted easily once i had the right ones,hopefully they will last as well as the 17 year old originals.

I have a pair of YSS shocks on my GS,bought them last year and have been very pleased with the improvement in ride quality.
My originals had nearly 60,000 on them and although they were not leaking the rear was really struggling 2 up.
I bought mine from Firefox Racing who were pretty hopeless,long wait,wrong rear shock sent,adamant it was the correct one and told me I must be fitting it wrong (it had the adjuster on the shock body instead of remote),no return of phone calls or emails,no apology or refund of return postage,won't be using them again.

The YSS shocks seemed very well made and fitted easily once i had the right ones,hopefully they will last as well as the 17 year old originals.

That's interesting as I've been messaging Firefox. Perhaps I'll give them a miss.

Still debating just replacing the rear.

That's interesting as I've been messaging Firefox. Perhaps I'll give them a miss.

Still debating just replacing the rear.

When I had mine refurbed recently, FF racing were sending them to the guy to refurb the ABS ones that FF racing had already "fixed". They had also just cut the electric plug off, then re-soldered them on.

When I had mine refurbed recently, FF racing were sending them to the guy to refurb the ABS ones that FF racing had already "fixed". They had also just cut the electric plug off, then re-soldered them on.

Sounds delightful

I bought an Ohlins rear GS shock that they had supposedly refurbished in the February (receipt enclosed)

Fitted it and by September it was leaking

Took it off and physically took it into my usual Ohlins dealer, in Manchester

He said who has been servicing this ?

No wonder it’s leaking - seals are in upside down

2 years on, the shock now done properly…. has been problem free

Yep he had that too. Seals were 1mm oversize so squashed in, then leaked a year later. He wasn't very impressed with firefox racing

Just ordered a pair of Shock Factory shocks. I think it's time the originals came off after completing 62000miles. I went to Wales last weekend and covered 500 miles which just about finished them off. They're not to bad for the first couple of miles and then bizarrely turn harsh over bumps and also bouncy in certain conditions. Hopefully I'll notice a significant change.

Theyve arrived!

Attachments

• PXL_20220413_140943883.jpg
    PXL_20220413_140943883.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 201
All done!

Fitted today all good. Appear very good quality. can't believe how heavy the old and new shocks are!! Tweaked Preload and adjusters front and rear and all is good.

No doubt when travelling on my normal commuting roads I'll tweak about more.

Fitting went well and no real issues. All bolts came out easily. Only real problem was me missplacing sockets!! Spent more time trying to remember what I'd do e with tools than actually fitting the shocks!!

Attachments

• PXL_20220414_124416293.jpg
    PXL_20220414_124416293.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 162
  • PXL_20220414_135901036.jpg
    PXL_20220414_135901036.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 160

Back
Top Bottom