Sena SRL-2 connection issues

blaze591

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having a massively frustrating time getting my Sena SRL2 intercom to connect to my buddies Sena kit. Thirty minutes wasted today trying to organise a group intercom for three riders using a Sena SRL2, 20S and 20S Evo respectively. My expectation / understanding is that these intercoms should be able to talk to each other without the need to for the "universal intercom" option but whatever we tried we could not get the SRL2 to pair with the EVO. It has left me wondering if the SRL is genuinely compatible with the other Sena products.

I wonder if anyone else has experience of pairing these superficially similar intercom systems and if so, do you have any advice? They seem both incredibly flakey and overly complex.

I've just spent 3 days ROSPA training using my SRL and a 20s and 10s for each of the pupils (with ear buds so they could listen only) I'd previously paired them but each morning it was just a case of pressing the centre button on each of them and they connected.

I've used it previously with 2 other SRL's on separate occasions, we connected using the phone app, quick and easy too.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

I regularly ride with several others who have various SENA intercom sets including one with the SRL-2. They all pair quickly, and subsequently remember the pairings and re-connect quickly. It sounds as if there could be a problem with your SRL-2 - have you tried a factory reset, and is the software up to date?

Three Sena units should be straight forward.
Choose a "master" and pair one other unit (put them both into pairing mode) and then pair the remaining unit with the master (put them both into pairing mode).

I've mixed 20s, SF4 and "RIDE PAL III" like this. I think that the RIDE PAL III is based on an SLR hardward - but I could be wrong on that.

Beyond 3 you are into mesh and I'm out!

I have the Sena Sri 2 never any problems connecting to the 8 group riders we regularly ride together, it’s equivalent to the 20s, make sure all riders are on the same version, the Sena 20s have just upgraded the firmware this week. Try deleting the pairings history and start from scratch. We have all just bought the Sena Mesh + devices at £88 each. Now we all turn on at home and when we meet at out point we all automatically connect no pressing of buttons. This has made life so much easier as now if one of the group leaves it doesn’t interfere with the rest of the group and it’s good for 800m.

Back
Top Bottom