Fuel pressure gauge

The Nylon tube connecting the gauge to the T piece is 4mm O/D so the quick disconnect fittings are 4mm.
The bracket mounting the gauge is way over the top , ( I had previously machined it from billet ally as a sat nav mounting and not used it), the gauge is light and a simple bracket will do.
The photos show the T piece in situ and the gauge mounted. also 2 screen shots of the parts used.
This was fitted in 2018 when the original pump was down to 30psi under hard acceleration and showing an AFR of 18 to 1 ( mega lean) this was after 40K miles with the original pump.
The bike has now done over 30k with the cheap pattern pump from ebay so keeping my eye on it.

8wXtqgQ.jpg
[/IMG]
KUJ7vqm.jpg
[/IMG]
jDaFEsd.png
[/IMG]
jBgqAh2.png
[/IMG]

Hi Mistacat, Thank you for that, that is really helps, the prices have gone up but still OK.
Looks like these are not fuel rated but that does not appear to matter.
Would you see higher pressure due to the pipe being a smaller diameter?

The internal components inside the gauge that come into contact with the fuel are metal.
The pipe diameter makes no difference to the pressure reading, Think back to mechanical oil pressure gauges fed by a capillary tube.
Bear in mind the pre twin cam bikes are 3.5 bar ( approx. 45 psi) and the twin cam bikes run 4 bar ( approx. 60 psi) fuel pressure.

I have a 2004 model so 3.5 bar is what I should see (hopefully). How have you attached the gauge to the bracket, I have a large P clip that might work but not sure on how to connect that.

To mount the gauge you could use 2 P clips one to fit the screen mount bar and one to fit the hose connector.
Use a screw through both to join them and clamp them in place.

Now that sounds great, thank you. Just need to get the parts.
I used to travel through Grantham on a regular basis to visit my son who lived in Spalding, very nice hill on the way out, pity the poor buggers that live on the base!! Glad I did not serve there.
Thank you for your help on this.

Back
Top Bottom