small moan.... NEC bikeshow, no complimentary tickets for overseas visitors 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

landmarkjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm going this year and I will let any vendors that my be interested know that the reduction in overseas visitors might be due total cost to attend has increased. :green gri

The complimentary ticket in years past was a nice touch, took the sting out of it after paying for a return flight and airport parking :rolleyes:

John, I think they might be banking on the lockdown withdrawal symptoms. Hope you get a freebie ticket somewhere.

Hope you get a freebie ticket somewhere.

:thumb2:thumb2 thanks Glen, let's hope, two will be fine as Bernie is going this year for first time.

Bernie: "What's there? All bike stuff?"
Me: "Yup"
Bernie: "I don't think I'll bother"
Me: "OK" as I'm booking Ryanair..
Bernie: "Oh go on then"
Me: "OK"

Yeah, I know, it's not that funny :D :D

I am wondering though about coming back through customs... might have to curtail spend!

Between no comp ticket and customs duty to be paid on product coming home I'm sure the clothing kit vendors will miss the Irish contingent.

You won’t have to pay duty on everything. There’s a difference between post and actually going yourself which gives you an allowance. I’ll be wearing a old pair of runners in case I buy new boots ect. JJH

I’ll be wearing a old pair of runners in case I buy new boots ect. JJH

Good plan, I have a pair of trainers that will do this job as well. We'll be a right bunch of ragamuffins over there. Bernie will most likely veto this idea :D:D

I read from revenue that the allowance is value €430.

The moral high ground of tax evasion

Yeh landing in Dublin with new gear on including helmet and just walk past customs. Can't imagine them stopping you.

I've always found it odd that overseas visitors received complimentry tickets. Those that fly in using budget airlines probably pay less for their flight than I do for a train ticket!

Do UK residents get free tickets to overseas shows as well then? Hadn't heard of that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom