Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Be gentle with me, I'm a Guzzi virgin...!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholsonj2252 View Post
    I'm having a test ride of a V85 TT Travel from Teasdales tomorrow afternoon , I'll report back on my thoughts post test ride.....
    Well the team at Teasdale were excellent but I just did not like the V85 TT whatsoever

My personal view is that the switchgear and lights are very poor quality , especially the light switch and the indicators

I was terribly buffeted by the wind and found the ride experience unpleasant

It's the first and probably last time I will ride a Moto Guzzi

Sorry to all of those who love them , i accept it's a personal thing , but its just not for me

Well the team at Teasdale were excellent but I just did not like the V85 TT whatsoever

My personal view is that the switchgear and lights are very poor quality , especially the light switch and the indicators

It's the first and probably last time I will ride a Moto Guzzi

Sorry to all of those who love them , i accept it's a personal thing , but its just not for me
    Yeah, Yeah…..but apart from that?

Surely there must have been one or two redeeming features ?
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Yeah, Yeah…..but apart from that?

Surely there must have been one or two redeeming features ?
    Of course - the redeeming feature was it was just a test ride and I hadn't bought it to find out I hated it !!

I think I may go with my original plan and move to the Husqvarna section and buy a 701 Enduro

Like Newton - only stupid Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    You’re not alone, I too found the switchgear poor. But what really spoiled a basically fine bike was the buffeting and noise. I spent a lot of time and money attempting to improve the air flow but with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by boxer View Post
    You’re not alone, I too found the switchgear poor. But what really spoiled a basically fine bike was the buffeting and noise. I spent a lot of time and money attempting to improve the air flow but with no luck.
    I agree, the buffeting is bad with the stock screen... It was something I encountered in my test rides before deciding to buy one - but I am confident I can improve or eliminate it with the right aftermarket screen. Lot of people have had success using a laminar lip or x-creen with a taller screen.

The switchgear does feel flimsy - something I commented on in 2018 when I sat on the pre-production model at the NEC. However, in going through over 750 pages of v85 posts on adv forum I do not recall one post about switchgear failure.

The build quality and attention to detail is very impressive.

Did 260 miles on mine yesterday. Lake District to St Albans. Loved every minute (especially round Matlock). Buffeting on the standard "Touring" screen (which I think is on Teasdales' test bike) is awful, I'm currently back on the low screen. 63mpg. Handling (on tarmac) is IMO awesome, better than the BMW parallel twin bikes
    Switchgear comments are fair, but comparing to a GS LC indicator button... the Guzzi feels better (I still prefer the old "lego" buttons on the older BMW's (like the ones on the K1200RS John ) Newer BMW switchgear feels cheap for such an expensive bike.
    Done 2k miles on my V85TT in last 2 months, it's still making me smile.
    K1200RS
    R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
    Did 260 miles on mine yesterday. Lake District to St Albans. Loved every minute (especially round Matlock). Buffeting on the standard "Touring" screen (which I think is on Teasdales' test bike) is awful, I'm currently back on the low screen. 63mpg. Handling (on tarmac) is IMO awesome, better than the BMW parallel twin bikes
    Switchgear comments are fair, but comparing to a GS LC indicator button... the Guzzi feels better (I still prefer the old "lego" buttons on the older BMW's (like the ones on the K1200RS John ) Newer BMW switchgear feels cheap for such an expensive bike.
    Like all, bikes it's a personal thing , what floats one persons boat does nothing for another . It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing , at least there is a choice....

Like all, bikes it's a personal thing , what floats one persons boat does nothing for another . It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing , at least there is a choice....
    Agree...in 50 years of riding bikes I have never had a bike that was perfect straight out of the box - I have had always had to make some adaptations to make it work for me and I didn't expect the Guzzi to be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
    Good observations. Haven't read anywhere else that the handling is better than BMW twins. Must be a nugget all the reviews forgot to mention

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I think I may go with my original plan and move to the Husqvarna section and buy a 701 Enduro
    Blimey! No wonder you weren't won over, it's hard to think of two more different bikes............

Anyway, you'll love the 701 as there's so much to put right (or 'make better') on them

Andres
    Look, Tut, Laugh

Ooh me Chalfonts Click here to find out how to Subscribe

I know which one I would rather do a 200 - 300 mile ride on . Hope you enjoy the Husky.
    Keefffff

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow does not look good either..

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Chapman View Post
    I know which one I would rather do a 200 - 300 mile ride on . Hope you enjoy the Husky.
    Me too.
    Husky all day long.
    Did 2900 miles on mine in 10 days including one day of 668 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    Blimey! No wonder you weren't won over, it's hard to think of two more different bikes............

Anyway, you'll love the 701 as there's so much to put right (or 'make better') on them

Andres
    You'll have to share the list of to do's . Since selling my three XChallenges I have been contemplating either a KTM 690 Enduro R or a Husqvarna 701 Enduro , the Moto Guzzi was a bit if a distraction after having read some good reviews on it

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    You'll have to share the list of to do's . Since selling my three XChallenges I have been contemplating either a KTM 690 Enduro R or a Husqvarna 701 Enduro , the Moto Guzzi was a bit if a distraction after having read some good reviews on it
    There's a useful, if somewhat rambling, thread in the Husky section covering various mods that owners have done but feel free to question away at any time.

LINKY

Andres
    Look, Tut, Laugh

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133796690...sAAOSwpCtg0tWZ

I've got one on my 1150gs & one on my Cali 3.

Compare the price to a touratech item, worth a punt.

The difference on the Cali' is amazing, can hit 3 figures without getting double vision.

This may not be the exact one I have, but still probably Chinese. Working in engineering, I was amazed at the quality.
    1150GS , Moto Guzzi California 3.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123