Be gentle with me, I'm a Guzzi virgin...!

Like all, bikes it's a personal thing , what floats one persons boat does nothing for another . It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing , at least there is a choice....

Agree...in 50 years of riding bikes I have never had a bike that was perfect straight out of the box - I have had always had to make some adaptations to make it work for me and I didn't expect the Guzzi to be any different. :beerjug:

Did 260 miles on mine yesterday. Lake District to St Albans. Loved every minute (especially round Matlock). Buffeting on the standard "Touring" screen (which I think is on Teasdales' test bike) is awful, I'm currently back on the low screen. 63mpg. Handling (on tarmac) is IMO awesome, better than the BMW parallel twin bikes
Switchgear comments are fair, but comparing to a GS LC indicator button... the Guzzi feels better (I still prefer the old "lego" buttons on the older BMW's (like the ones on the K1200RS John :)) Newer BMW switchgear feels cheap for such an expensive bike.
Done 2k miles on my V85TT in last 2 months, it's still making me smile.

Good observations. Haven't read anywhere else that the handling is better than BMW twins. Must be a nugget all the reviews forgot to mention :)

I think I may go with my original plan and move to the Husqvarna section and buy a 701 Enduro

Blimey! No wonder you weren't won over, it's hard to think of two more different bikes............

Anyway, you'll love the 701 as there's so much to put right (or 'make better') on them ;)

Andres

Blimey! No wonder you weren't won over, it's hard to think of two more different bikes............

Anyway, you'll love the 701 as there's so much to put right (or 'make better') on them ;)

Andres

You'll have to share the list of to do's . Since selling my three XChallenges I have been contemplating either a KTM 690 Enduro R or a Husqvarna 701 Enduro , the Moto Guzzi was a bit if a distraction after having read some good reviews on it

You'll have to share the list of to do's . Since selling my three XChallenges I have been contemplating either a KTM 690 Enduro R or a Husqvarna 701 Enduro , the Moto Guzzi was a bit if a distraction after having read some good reviews on it

There's a useful, if somewhat rambling, thread in the Husky section covering various mods that owners have done but feel free to question away at any time.

LINKY

Andres

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133796690457?hash=item1f26e77a19:g:kRsAAOSwpCtg0tWZ

I've got one on my 1150gs & one on my Cali 3.

Compare the price to a touratech item, worth a punt.

The difference on the Cali' is amazing, can hit 3 figures without getting double vision.

This may not be the exact one I have, but still probably Chinese. Working in engineering, I was amazed at the quality.

Agree...in 50 years of riding bikes I have never had a bike that was perfect straight out of the box - I have had always had to make some adaptations to make it work for me and I didn't expect the Guzzi to be any different. :beerjug:

Ermax screen worked really well for me.

Hope you are getting the miles on the bike Phil and enjoying it.
Despite all the above comments I still love mine, but the buffetting is my main issue as a lanky streak with a long torso. So far, found the Guzzi touring screen (part no 2S001424) with an X-creen Tour deflector helps a lot, but still looking for a better solition. Tried the Givi tall Guzzi screen which is too high, causing turbulance behind the head. Will look into the Ermax screen but from the link below it does look a little shorter than my set up and suspect will still buffet significantly, but worth investigation as it is well priced at £73.

https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/coll...-guzzi-v85-tt-touring-screen-light-smoke-2019

The build quality is impressive except the switchgear, but a minor thing on a great bike.

Only a small thing, but a real niggle even though it should only be an issue every couple of years is the lack of a gearbox drain plug on the outside of the casing on the pre-2021 models.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133796690457?hash=item1f26e77a19:g:kRsAAOSwpCtg0tWZ

I've got one on my 1150gs & one on my Cali 3.

Compare the price to a touratech item, worth a punt.

The difference on the Cali' is amazing, can hit 3 figures without getting double vision.

This may not be the exact one I have, but still probably Chinese. Working in engineering, I was amazed at the quality.

Thanks for this....I'll be giving it a try if the Givi Airstream doesn't work. :okay

Hope you are getting the miles on the bike Phil and enjoying it.
Despite all the above comments I still love mine, but the buffetting is my main issue as a lanky streak with a long torso. So far, found the Guzzi touring screen (part no 2S001424) with an X-creen Tour deflector helps a lot, but still looking for a better solition. Tried the Givi tall Guzzi screen which is too high, causing turbulance behind the head. Will look into the Ermax screen but from the link below it does look a little shorter than my set up and suspect will still buffet significantly, but worth investigation as it is well priced at £73.

https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/coll...-guzzi-v85-tt-touring-screen-light-smoke-2019

The build quality is impressive except the switchgear, but a minor thing on a great bike.

Only a small thing, but a real niggle even though it should only be an issue every couple of years is the lack of a gearbox drain plug on the outside of the casing on the pre-2021 models.

Thanks Andy....ironically haven't had much chance to ride it since bringing it home due to a positive covid infection (not me).... spent my time farkling :D Should be out this weekend though and get some miles on her so I can book it in for the first service.

Bet you are itching to get it run in Phil. I found the engine on mine was quite "tight" for the first few hundred miles, loosened up nicely by 1500. Now seems to rev more freely, feel smoother, vibrate less under load and be more economical after 3000 miles.

After a ride on the demo bike which had done about 7,000 miles, I was not expecting the new engine to feel so different, but was assured by the dealer that it would improve and he was right. I mention it as I have never had a bike that improved so much as it bedded in.

Enjoy.

Lovely bike! Despite my biker pals all saying "don't buy a moto-guzzi, unreliable, no dealer for miles" I ignored them and bought a 2015 V7 Special. I love it. I did have an issue when I. first got it, lambda sensors needed replacing but since then it's been a hoot. Very well made, feels solid. Bought it as a city bike (I have a 1200 Rallye) though I'm using the V7 more and more for longer B-road journeys as it's just such a fun ride. Very visceral, dinky too, feels like a fast 250! Shame there are so many MG haters. Enjoy the bike, cheers.

Lovely bike! Despite my biker pals all saying "don't buy a moto-guzzi, unreliable, no dealer for miles" I ignored them and bought a 2015 V7 Special. I love it. I did have an issue when I. first got it, lambda sensors needed replacing but since then it's been a hoot. Very well made, feels solid. Bought it as a city bike (I have a 1200 Rallye) though I'm using the V7 more and more for longer B-road journeys as it's just such a fun ride. Very visceral, dinky too, feels like a fast 250! Shame there are so many MG haters. Enjoy the bike, cheers.

Thanks for the comments.... I've done about 1200 miles since I picked it up and can safely say the bike is even better than I thought it would be. Just back from a 700 mile round trip to Somerset/Devon and on a mix of A roads, B roads and no-roads...the bike was flawless. I certainly don't feel its lacking in power compared to my old 1150 - you just have to use the gearbox a bit more. Initially I thought the seat was poor, but it isn't that bad and will continue to test it for comfort. I've added a Givi Airflow screen which has sorted the buffeting out for me. Also added engine bars, main stand, running lights, Givi top box and panniers so all sorted for a big road trip next summer!

Back
Top Bottom