She's a Dusie!

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I simply love my new bike!!

I went to look at this last week, it was owned by Kev (Gingerbeemer). I have known Kev for a few years and I know his bikes were always well kept.

Curiosity turned into interest as soon as he opened the garage door, and to cut a long story short its now in my garage!

I have to be honest, i wasn't expecting much as i had heard lots of the usual comments about these modern RE's, slow/shit brakes/poor build quality etc, but having done about 200 miles now, i have to say i love it!

OK, the brakes are woeful, power is not really ala 500cc but its just a lovely way of bimbling around! I love the colour scheme of the trials, they did them in green and red, the red has 'too much' red for my liking, but the green kind of looks OK?

As Andy mentions in his thread about the classic he has just bought, over 100 mpg, and it rides OK!

Suspension is again woefully inadequate but hey its not a track bike and if ridden accordingly will definitely put a smile on anyones face!

Attachments

• IMG_5252.jpg
    IMG_5252.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_5257.jpg
    IMG_5257.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_5256.jpg
    IMG_5256.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_5254.jpg
    IMG_5254.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_5253.jpg
    IMG_5253.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 619
I have to be honest, i wasn't expecting much as i had heard lots of the usual comments about these modern RE's, slow/shit brakes/poor build quality etc, but having done about 200 miles now, i have to say i love it!

That must feel like a Rocket Ship when compared to all the leaky old shit you've got in your shed :D

I never thought I’d enjoy riding a bike at 40mph until I had to run in my 500 but being a rolling road block is strangely addictive 👍

Smudge,I like the colour combination as well. What I’ve learned or more correctly been reminded of after buying a bike from you, is there is more pleasure to be gained in just riding a bike fast. Enjoy your new ride and keep us updated please.

Looking at these pictures has resulted in my very own Dusie!

Thanks ncpierce for the pleasant transaction.

40 miles on it today which was fun!

Hi … do you know what the mirrors fitted to the bike are? The standard ones are dreadful!

Lovely bikes, boys .
Only recently got a Bullet myself but I’m loving it’s simplistic pleasures.

b2ab5cf77ed4dd39665592da6c260960.jpg

It was looking at them on here that nudged me into buying one. Recently sold a couple of old Brit singles and this fills that gap without the hassle (I hope!)
I’m doing the 1st service Saturday

Nice one Smudge .... keep us posted. It looks lovely :thumb

:beerjug:

Hi … do you know what the mirrors fitted to the bike are? The standard ones are dreadful!

I quite agree. For me they needed to be a bit further forward so that I stood any chance of seeing anything....

Looking at these pictures has resulted in my very own Dusie!

Thanks ncpierce for the pleasant transaction.

40 miles on it today which was fun!

I'm pleased that you made it safely home. Must change my signature to take the Enfield off and add the new bike in!

Back
Top Bottom