Laverda parts

Andy B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to Richard Slater’s business and parts when he retired?

Living just down the road from Bromyard meant easy access to bits and pieces and now my mate needs a gasket for the starter motor casing.

Someone must have all that kit and I assume is trying to sell it on?

If only there was a way to search the internet :p

https://slaterlaverda.com/ is now in Knighton, Powys

I had wondered the same thing after riding past the dilapidated premises on my way to Shropshire a few weeks ago

If the usual UK or NL based suspects can’t help I buy any parts I need from DAM Classic Racing in Australia.

If only there was a way to search the internet :p

https://slaterlaverda.com/ is now in Knighton, Powys

I had wondered the same thing after riding past the dilapidated premises on my way to Shropshire a few weeks ago

I tried the phone number on the website and it doesn't work. Emailed them too, but no reply. Hence my question to the collective.

There are other people who frequent the Laverda forum and have a stock of parts, I get shims for my Montjuïc from a German guy because he’s got plenty and nobody else has them and you need to go on the forum (it’s free) to find out who has what.

https://www.laverdaforum.com/

OCT in Germany maybe.

I wonder why Slaters have been so opaque about who bought their spares cache.

I've got a spare Laverda Jota clutch cable.... seeing as everyone said the clutches are so heavy the cable regularly break, so when i had my Jota i bought a spare, which i never needed in all the years i owned it.

Also have a Tim Parker workshop manual, thinking about it, i've also got a seat and possibly a nose fairing somewhere in one of my lock-ups. :D

OCT in Germany maybe.

I wonder why Slaters have been so opaque about who bought their spares cache.

None of the links here give a real address so maybe there is a worry about being robbed by thieves, or the tax authorities

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

I just imagined that it would be common knowledge within the Laverda fraternity. Having visited the warehouse when Richard was still operating out of Bromyard you don't just 'give away' the amount of stock he was holding and nor do you sell it overnight! It must be out there somewhere and it stands to reason that if someone paid money for it they would want to start moving it on for a profit. ;)

Richard was still answering the phone last year and as willing as he ever was to hand out advice when asked. The forum is very good even though a lot of the inhabitants are Australian so you have to make certain allowances 😀

If he’s new to Laverdas then point him towards there and he’ll get plenty of replies to any questions.

Hi Steptoe please contact me ref. price and I’ll have that clutch cable off you. Maybe seat if it’s the single one.

Cheers
Steve 07828881832

Back
Top Bottom