New bike time

big fella

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A new departure for me with the RT.
I have been riding GS's since 2003 both adventure and standard models the latest being a 2019 adventure hp. I sold it in June for a couple of reasons. The pandemic meant that in 20months of ownership I only did 3500klm and it was depreciating. I also just didn't jell with it. The engine was great. I think it was to much bling. Blue, white and gold wheels.
I also bought a tenere 700 last year for off roading and it also opened my eyes to the limitations of the GSA off road. The T7 is a great bike for the money.
I'm looking forward to the RT and hope to collect it in November when I get back from a trip to Albania and Macedonia on the T7.
Bf.
fc469f50044647bd7705a1e0db475e65.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Enjoy. I came from a GSA1250 and K1600B and certainly enjoying the RT.

I have just changed from a GSA 1250 to a new RT 1250 in blue. Collected last week and absolutely beautiful, handles well and the engine sounds a lot quieter. I like both but the new model RT just does it.

Join 1200rt.com good forum and uk centric for RTs. Also LT forum which is US centric but has a lot of UK members.

I have just changed from a GSA 1250 to a new RT 1250 in blue. Collected last week and absolutely beautiful, handles well and the engine sounds a lot quieter. I like both but the new model RT just does it.

I'm an RT guy. but always happy to get a GS as a service loan bike.

Interesting that you find the RT quieter as the fairing can make for quite an echo chamber. I have not ridden a 1250GS though.

I've just done the same myself Tom and collect my Sport Blue RT LE tomorrow. I've owned my GSA since November 2019 and since 2013 I've owned five GS's and two GSA's, including my current bike.

I tried the new RT when it was released and was really impressed with it, and when my bike recently went in for its annual service I was given an RT to use again for a couple of days.

I was so impressed with it I had to buy one as its such an awesome allrounder, so comfortable, well equipped and the weather protection over the GSA is worlds apart. The low riding position and weather protection just suits me better these days two months away from my 54th birthday.

Enjoy your new bike Tom and enjoy your time away.

I've just done the same myself Tom and collect my Sport Blue RT LE tomorrow. I've owned my GSA since November 2019 and since 2013 I've owned five GS's and two GSA's, including my current bike.

I tried the new RT when it was released and was really impressed with it, and when my bike recently went in for its annual service I was given an RT to use again for a couple of days.

I was so impressed with it I had to buy one as its such an awesome allrounder, so comfortable, well equipped and the weather protection over the GSA is worlds apart. The low riding position and weather protection just suits me better these days two months away from my 54th birthday.

Enjoy your new bike Tom and enjoy your time away.

I found unlike my 1250GSA i didn't have to change anything to make it comfortable.

I found unlike my 1250GSA i didn't have to change anything to make it comfortable.

I've purchased the high seat and it's fitted with the high screen, but totally agree with you, the loan bikes I tried were standard with low screens and I felt I could have ridden it for hours comfortably. Looking forward to trying something new Doc. Its my first RT and I'm really looking forward to picking it up.

I've purchased the high seat and it's fitted with the high screen, but totally agree with you, the loan bikes I tried were standard with low screens and I felt I could have ridden it for hours comfortably. Looking forward to trying something new Doc. Its my first RT and I'm really looking forward to picking it up.

Ah i am only a short arse so got the low seat. I could do with a shorter screen but its no big issue.
I did 115 miles without a stop which for me is good going. But then again i like to stop regular anyway.

Picked up the RT yesterday and rode it home today. About 220klm over a combination of twisty country back roads, national roads and motorway. I'm quite happy with it and at 6'4" with a 34" inside leg I didn't feel cramped and had no knee issues.
0939b746194b03c466a6238c9616d0b0.jpg
87582572f3904cd8553db31ab52a0694.jpg

The RT's are better value than GS's. Panniers, heated seat, GPS, electric screen.
Seems far more comfy than the gs1250 I had. I reckon BMW know that they'll sell a lot of GS's without trying where they have to make the RT's a bit more attractive to a punter that may be undecided.

The RT's are better value than GS's. Panniers, heated seat, GPS, electric screen.
Seems far more comfy than the gs1250 I had. I reckon BMW know that they'll sell a lot of GS's without trying where they have to make the RT's a bit more attractive to a punter that may be undecided.

I agree on the comfort front. I had to spend more money on my GS1250A to make it comfortable for me.
RT nothing.

Back
Top Bottom