Thread: Back to an adventure bike

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Back to an adventure bike

Hi all,

I don't have a GS yet, but have ordered one to put on the road after the salt has been & gone!

It will be my first adventure bike since the TDM900 I owned a number of years ago. I've just done a European tour with 6 other lads, all on GSes, and me on my Z1000SX. They brainwashed me!

Stu

Welcome Stu, you will love your GS... which model did you order ?

Better prepare yourself for some sleepless nights between now and when you take delivery

Quote Originally Posted by olde coney View Post
    Welcome Stu, you will love your GS... which model did you order ?

Better prepare yourself for some sleepless nights between now and when you take delivery
    Thanks, I'm sure I will! Big adjustment from the SX I've had for the last 8 years, but a mate kindly gave me enough time on his to settle with it and really understand what they're all about. Once I'd reached that point, there was no going back!

I've gone for a TE in white and my dealer persuaded me to take the heated seats option. Apparently, it brings 5 stages of adjustment to the grip heating, making it much easier to find a happy medium. I've now got all winter to sort out a top box and all the essential trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by GSyoda View Post
    Thanks, I'm sure I will! Big adjustment from the SX I've had for the last 8 years, but a mate kindly gave me enough time on his to settle with it and really understand what they're all about. Once I'd reached that point, there was no going back!

I've gone for a TE in white and my dealer persuaded me to take the heated seats option. Apparently, it brings 5 stages of adjustment to the grip heating, making it much easier to find a happy medium. I've now got all winter to sort out a top box and all the essential trinkets
    Exact same spec and colour as mine and I am in South Yorkshire too! Great bikes. I'd bet diamonds that you'll be faster on it than the Kawasaki on a twisty road.

Quote Originally Posted by GSyoda View Post

Did they give you any idea of when it will arrive, or have you told them to hold off until a certain date?

I went for seat heating too - it seems such a rediculous extravagance on a motorcycle i had to have it!

They didn`t tell you that `the SOS option is now standard fitment with a £300 increase, please`.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Snelly55 View Post
    Exact same spec and colour as mine and I am in South Yorkshire too! Great bikes. I'd bet diamonds that you'll be faster on it than the Kawasaki on a twisty road.
    Nice. Must be a popular choice because they had another one exact same spec (but already sold) in the showroom. They sat me on it to test the height with the heated seat

Quote Originally Posted by Hann View Post
    Did they give you any idea of when it will arrive, or have you told them to hold off until a certain date?

I went for seat heating too - it seems such a rediculous extravagance on a motorcycle i had to have it!

They didn`t tell you that `the SOS option is now standard fitment with a £300 increase, please`.....?
    I could have had it January, but I'm not keen to take a brand new bike out into the road salt. I'd rather hibernate until March and make it a 22 plate, which they didn't have any issue with.

Yes I was warned about the SOS button, but the order is in now and I have a full order confirmation including price breakdown, so I hope to avoid getting clobbered for that - fingers crossed!