XT mount (E NAv 3DAM mount from Italy)

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been running the Garmin XT for the last few months, Fitted in the Original Nav 6 mount. I find it 100 times better, in everyway over the Nav 6. I very rarely used the selection wheel with the Nav, so don't miss that. The Maps in Topo are great, clear and detailed. The message notification panel. I like it. I cant think of any negatives. Great bit of kit.
And half the price of a BMW unit. :thumb

Attachments

• 20211013_204239.jpg
    20211013_204239.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 972
Price is irrelevant to me. And all the bikes info is on the TFT. The TFT really made the Nav obsolete. Except for Navigation.

Looks a nice setup, do you use the wunderlich mount?

No. I used the mount from Italy. Works well. What I wanted was the same power set up as the nav. To turn on and off with the ignition. This mount adapter fits straight onto the original nav mount.

This mount :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dslCivHvtJ8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My mount, ordered just before Christmas, was sitting on my mat when I came back from the holiday. Very good service from the Italians.

Good service. Now consider the bumper and weather cap?

One small problem. UPS ripped the package and the small packet of four bolts, nuts and washers is missing.

I have just emailed the Italian fellows.

It was, even so, a very quick turn around from Italy, as my order only went out on 20 December, having in mind Chrismas was shortly thereafter. Three spanners I ordered from Coventry the same day, haven’t appeared.

Hey-ho. One step forward one backwards.

0fee44b912b6fc5f419300ba8dc3974f.jpg

246667341f2c8cd394a7b84642a6e1c3.png

Oh bollox, that's a shame. At least you know it wont take long.

Doesn’t the xt come with a mount at all

Indeed. It’s not the Italians’ fault. The package looked as if a tiger had been at it in transit. I have been getting on really well with the XT, just using it in the car and to get used to the Garmin Connected app etc but a few days delay is not going to upset me too much, not least as I hadn’t expected the package to arrive so quickly from Italy.

Doesn’t the xt come with a mount at all

Yes. However this mount allows the XT to be mounted into the BMW Navigator mount. Using the bikes power supply.

My error. The bag of four bolts, washers and nuts, comes in the XT box of bits’n’pieces. It took an Italian to point this out, a shame that will live with me for years. That’ll teach me to look at ALL the pieces and THEN watch the video.

I did wonder, as the bag of four bolts , washers and nuts in the video had a parts number on it. I thought it looked an odd thing for an amateur cradle maker to do but I never troubled myself long enough to truly wonder why, looking instead at the damaged UPS envelope and leaping to the wrong conclusion too quickly.

Anyway, excellent back-up service from the spaghetti munchers. I can’t fault them at all. Now to get it installed.

Should take no more than 8 minutes!

The BMW nav cradle is secure and its already on the bike ?

Am I missing something? To fit the XT to a GS all that is needed is to undo the 4 nut's & bolts holding the existing Nav 6 mount to the cross bar, remove the cradle and fit the XT power mount in its place. Then simply replace the BMW wiring with the XT wiring - takes about 30 minutes in total. No security for the XT I agree but it's simple to just unclip it and put it in your pocket/top box etc and you get to save £70+. Happy to be told if I'm missing a trick.

Its the wiring that is the issue.

Am I missing something? To fit the XT to a GS all that is needed is to undo the 4 nut's & bolts holding the existing Nav 6 mount to the cross bar, remove the cradle and fit the XT power mount in its place. Then simply replace the BMW wiring with the XT wiring - takes about 30 minutes in total. No security for the XT I agree but it's simple to just unclip it and put it in your pocket/top box etc and you get to save £70+. Happy to be told if I'm missing a trick.

Thats how I did mine, brought a plug from BMW fitted to XT lead unplug the BMW one and plugged in the XT one.

Back
Top Bottom