Wished I'd made the change earlier

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been running the Garmin XT for the last few months, Fitted in the Original Nav 6 mount. I find it 100 times better, in everyway over the Nav 6. I very rarely used the selection wheel with the Nav, so don't miss that. The Maps in Topo are great, clear and detailed. The message notification panel. I like it. I cant think of any negatives. Great bit of kit.
And half the price of a BMW unit. :thumb

Attachments

• 20211013_204239.jpg
    20211013_204239.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 1,044
Been running the Garmin XT for the last few months, Fitted in the Original Nav 6 mount. I find it 100 times better, in everyway over the Nav 6. I very rarely used the selection wheel with the Nav, so don't miss that. The Maps in Topo are great, clear and detailed. The message notification panel. I like it. I cant think of any negatives. Great bit of kit.

Is it’s price 100 times better?

Or the ability to display bike telemetry

Is it’s price 100 times better?

Or the ability to display bike telemetry

Price is irrelevant to me. And all the bikes info is on the TFT. The TFT really made the Nav obsolete. Except for Navigation.

Used my new Zumo XT for the first time today and must say that I am impressed so far :thumb

Not having had a GS for a number of years Black Friday was a good time to upgrade from my NAV 5. The biggest plus so far is the screen on the XT being much clearer and easier to read in sun light etc.

Also appears quicker to recalculate and connecting it for traffic to my Motorola phone was a doddle even for me :D

Must now work out what all the different features actually do!

I love it. The map view in the topo is so detailed.
I like the fact music playing from my TFT comes up on the XT, as well as all notifications. It is indeed much faster than the nav5 & 6.

Bought it online, fitted it in 3 mins. Great bit of kit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vDFdg5JjmS8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great, nice video and a genuine Garmin unit. I may be persuaded to move from the Nav 6 to the XT. I'll have to do some XT swatting, particularly if it's Basecamp compatible. Thank you Nige &#55357;&#56397;

Great, nice video and a genuine Garmin unit. I may be persuaded to move from the Nav 6 to the XT. I'll have to do some XT swatting, particularly if it's Basecamp compatible. Thank you Nige ��

Fully BaseCamp compatible.

Bought it online, fitted it in 3 mins. Great bit of kit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vDFdg5JjmS8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That link didn't work for me.... this one does....

https://youtu.be/vDFdg5JjmS8

Great, nice video and a genuine Garmin unit. I may be persuaded to move from the Nav 6 to the XT. I'll have to do some XT swatting, particularly if it's Basecamp compatible. Thank you Nige ��

Trust me Bob, you wont regret it:thumb

The XT device, now that it is through some teething problems, does indeed get very good reviews. I’d be tempted by one but am trying, at least for now, to concentrate my efforts onto the BMW Connected app, whilst keeping a Nav V and VI.

The XT device, now that it is through some teething problems, does indeed get very good reviews. I’d be tempted by one but am trying, at least for now, to concentrate my efforts onto the BMW Connected app, whilst keeping a Nav V and VI.

why ?

Easy.

I can’t mount one easily onto my 1600 and I’m still trying to properly understand the Connected app on my 850.

I like the iWheel thing but can live with stabbing the screen with my finger.

I think a stand alone sat nav (currently) will always be better than the Connected app navigation. For different reasons. For example. Vibrations, waterproofing, Having to take the phone out of the cradle to take a photo. Constant charging, clarity in bright or direct sunlight, device security........etc etc
I still use the connected app, just not for navigating. The maps are downloaded to give me speed etc on the TFT dash.
I don't miss the function of the selection wheel on the handlebar, as It was very rare I actually used it. The XT touch screen is good, I've never had any issues wearing gloves.
Im looking at the new K1600 , possible purchase one in March, that or the RT ? and Ill use the onboard navigation.

Where do you get the blue 'bumper' from?

Where do you get the blue 'bumper' from?

From a guy on the Zumo XT facebook group. Good quality, rubber surround. He also sent me the weather cap for when the XT isn't mounted.

Back
Top Bottom