Ride magazine R1250GS

batman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve just read in this months GS feature in Ride mag that BMW have dropped the fantastic telelever front end?

Surely not…..Anyone know if this is true?

Attachments

• AA2CD307-1960-4FC6-9C5F-1BCF93F938F9.jpg
    AA2CD307-1960-4FC6-9C5F-1BCF93F938F9.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 1,001
News to me, not that I am a huge fan of Telelever, but I know many are - whatever next, no single sided rear swing arm?

Still they used tele forks on the HP2 successfully, as they do on the 750/850 range.

All the 2022 announcements I have seen stick with the old front end - maybe it's just a testing mule they have seen.

Maybe it’s just a journalist who’s got it wrong?

the conventional forks on the R & RS work fine...

Nothing wrong with teles, far from it but..........for they type of bike the GS has become Telelever is perfect as it flatters a rider, is super forgiving and unaffected (handling wise) by the sort of loads your average Tosser puts on a GS.

Apart from that it's such a big part of the GS's USP.

I can't quite believe the article is correct :nenau Teles are much cheaper though.........

Andres

Edit: Just seen it mentions Hayes brakes being used..... I thought they'd gone back to Brembo :confused:

News to me, not that I am a huge fan of Telelever, but I know many are - whatever next, no single sided rear swing arm?

Still they used tele forks on the HP2 successfully, as they do on the 750/850 range.

All the 2022 announcements I have seen stick with the old front end - maybe it's just a testing mule they have seen.

Mmmm, I seem to remember that they had lots of issues on the HP2 (bushes wearing prematurely) but yeah, otherwise nought wrong with teles.

Andres

Maybe it’s just a journalist who’s got it wrong?

I see little in that article that’s correct. They claim the older bike is a Kalahari, which it isn’t, and also that it was a parts bin run out in 1986, which refers to the GS Basic which was the air head run out in 1996, which it also isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with teles, far from it but..........for they type of bike the GS has become Telelever is perfect as it flatters a rider, is super forgiving and unaffected (handling wise) by the sort of loads your average Tosser puts on a GS.

Apart from that it's such a big part of the GS's USP.

I can't quite believe the article is correct :nenau Teles are much cheaper though.........

Andres

Edit: Just seen it mentions Hayes brakes being used..... I thought they'd gone back to Brembo :confused:

I owned a R1150GS for a decade so well aware of how good a telelever can be. Since 2011 I have only had bikes with conventional forks and on the occasional rides I have on a GS, as service loaners, I find the front feels a bit remote. I think this might have been a factor of the auto-levelling preload as well as the telelever.

I now have 2 bikes with the BMW ESA with conventional forks and the set-up is mostly very good. The combination of dynamic ESA and linked brakes means fork dive is a thing of the past.

I like the Telelever forks. However, Cost and weight would be improved, Maybe the new lighter M13 will be without Telelever:nenau

I’ve just read in this months GS feature in Ride mag that BMW have dropped the fantastic telelever front end?

Surely not…..Anyone know if this is true?

Bollocks they are showing a picture of a telelever front end with the comment and BMW have switched back to Brembo front calipers, methinks the journo is talking out of his arse

I really like the telelever, it makes for rock steady front end.

Back
Top Bottom