Issues with screen freezing

Mad Paddy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just back from trip abroad and had 2 issues with my nav 6
1 issues is it wouldn’t load a route from france into Spain all the time saying route to long
2 issues the screen was freezing constantly on direction of travel when I click on save or cancel it would disappear for a second then come back on screen after 4-5 times it freezes and doesn’t respond to touch

How long was the route?

How was it created?

Can you share a copy of it, please.

Where did you stay in the end, near Zaragoza?

Was the hotel any good?

Would you recommend it?

Just back from trip abroad and had 2 issues with my nav 6
1 issues is it wouldn’t load a route from france into Spain all the time saying route to long
2 issues the screen was freezing constantly on direction of travel when I click on save or cancel it would disappear for a second then come back on screen after 4-5 times it freezes and doesn’t respond to touch

Plug your unit into a PC and clear the memory. It is mentioned in the manual.

How long was the route?

How was it created?

Can you share a copy of it, please.

Where did you stay in the end, near Zaragoza?

Was the hotel any good?

Would you recommend it?

"Spanish Inquisition" :D

to issue 1 hi I had a similar issue, in the fact being told route was to long or is it too long, anyway, it was solved by adding a waypoint every 40-50 shaping points. I found this because, when I make a route I always highlight all the points and turn the announce on arrival off, this then turns all the waypoints into shaping points (I think), which makes it one long route. if you highlight a shaping point that is about 40 or so down and make it to announce on arrival this then turns it into a waypoint, therefore, breaking the long route into smaller portions. this worked for me when I was planning a Scotland trip including the NC I made the whole route as one but it was to big to upload. the issue was resolved by doing the above.

to issue 1 hi I had a similar issue, in the fact being told route was to long or is it too long, anyway, it was solved by adding a waypoint every 40-50 shaping points. I found this because, when I make a route I always highlight all the points and turn the announce on arrival off, this then turns all the waypoints into shaping points (I think), which makes it one long route. if you highlight a shaping point that is about 40 or so down and make it to announce on arrival this then turns it into a waypoint, therefore, breaking the long route into smaller portions. this worked for me when I was planning a Scotland trip including the NC I made the whole route as one but it was to big to upload. the issue was resolved by doing the above.

Yes, this is what the manual says. Break into smaller sections, OR plug into a PC and delete the route memory.

Yes, this is what the manual says. Break into smaller sections, OR plug into a PC and delete the route memory.

Ahh I didn’t realise it was in the manual, I am a man I don’t read them

To achieve, we must first attempt.

Back
Top Bottom