Hayes Brake Calliper Pin Removal Tool

DaveDay

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy a tool (or it's name) to remove the calliper pins in the Hayes front brakes?

Cheers

dtwfyBV
A06-A753-E-3-BD1-426-F-8-D21-C714-B95-B6-DB7.jpg

It's just a standard e8 torx socket

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Just one question. I own 2021 GS and it's my first BMW.
So, to replace the pads I need torx socket?
I've done all the maintenance on my previous bikes in last 35 years so replacing the pads was always easy for me. When time comes for new pads I will not go to BMW and pay the fortune for such an easy job. So, my doubt here is if I need to purchase the socket as I also have Hayes front calipers. It looks from the photo that those are the pins that need to be removed to replace the pads. Am I correct?
Thanks

Just put new pads in mine today. Very easy job and the calipers and pistons were in perfect condition after 18000 miles. There is a small clip on the end of each pin to be removed before you screw the pin out.

Just put new pads in mine today. Very easy job and the calipers and pistons were in perfect condition after 18000 miles. There is a small clip on the end of each pin to be removed before you screw the pin out.

There doesn’t look like much clearance to the calliper body. Is a more slender or bottle nose (my description) type socket needed?

Back
Top Bottom