Valve covers

Robbiem

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning
I’m looking to get these blasted / re painted /
I’m in the Burton in Trent area - but can post to anywhere in the uk.
Has anyone had success or know of a good refurbisher?
They are off a 2010 gs 1200
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you've worked out the price of a refurb, have a look at the price of new ones. I seem to recall they're not that expensive.

Hi,

I live in Hilton and have used CJ Ward in Burton and I have been very pleased with the results.
Their number is 01283 536135
I have had the front sub frame and a rear wheel plus lots of other small bits powder coated by them and it has all looked great.
I am not associated with the company just a satisfied customer
Happy to show you my bike and the bits he completed just le me know

Dave

Thanks Dave
I’ll give them a ring
I’m not sure but the covers may be magnesium ? Maybe someone on the forum will know.

Hi,

You are right it says they are magnesium on the covers themselves.
Dave

BMW OEM are about £185 each. I have tried two Chinese versions about 3 years ago…both leaked like a sieve as the machined face was not flat….may have improved since but we’re rubbish. Took a while but got a refund.

Thanks for all your advice chaps.
As yet I haven’t had a price for a refurb but have been given a couple of contacts.
My thought process was that if I source the correct method and good finish then I was hoping to achieve a better than new finish ??
Which hopefully will wear better than the original ones ??
I’m not that savvy with the best solution process - whether that be enamelling/ powder coat/ or just a quality paint or a another ?? especially with the magnesium alloy.
I’ll carry on with asking a few questions then remove them when the salt starts to go on the roads and get them sorted.
Cheers Rob

Back
Top Bottom