The Tossers 20th... a bit of a do in Kington.

Madmountainman

Reaction score
Howdy All,

Having spoken with the BHT at a do a few months back, it came to light that it will be 20 years, next year, since all this shenanigans began. Those of you that were there will probably remember that we more more of a group of beer drinkers with a bike problem and not a bike club.

Well, the subject came up again over a few beers with Kaiser (of this territory) whilst celebrating his Birthday recently. A half baked plan was hatched and I started looking into it a bit more, trying to find a location that would accommodate said ageing beer drinkers with a bike problem.... and probably a few more by now :aidan and I managed to find a suitable location. I was somewhat surprised that we've not been there as a group before, but that just gives us somewhere new to have a grand old time. Not only is it a new place to go, but offers a fairly centrally based location that is accessible from most corners of the country. There's plenty to see and do, with some superb riding roads.... for those that might be on two wheels.

In order to get as many of the old faces as possible, I sent the word out via Facebook to see if there was sufficient interest in taking this forward. I have received a very good response from that and have now set the ball rolling. I've done this as early as possible in order to try and give enough time for as many people to get the chance to come as possible.

It's a chance to catch up with old friends and new, fondly remember those that have sadly passed and won't be able to come and raise a pint... or two or three in remembrance of Gerry Huxtable, Uncle Albert, Chris - TunnerUK - Turner, Jerry - Wobbly - Wallbank and Proff to name a few.
I've gone for September, in homage to Princetown, as it was always the main event of the year, but we'll hopefully have better weather in Kington!
We're also on the border of Wales, so a chance to do a summery version of Gerry's infamous Escape The Inlaws rides.:D

The main event will be based at The Burton Hotel, but it will depend on the numbers wishing to attend as to whether or not I may have to post a restriction on numbers, mainly for dining. The good news is that Kington offers plenty of other dining options, so we should all be able to gather for a social beer at the very least. My aim is to keep it as simple as possible. Here's the location, here are your accommodation choices, book, turn up, enjoy!

I'll put the accommodation info, dining info and rideout info etc in separate sections, in order to not end up with one super-thread containing hundreds of posts to sift through.

That's it for the moment, keep your diaries clear for the weekend of 16th-18th September, 2022 and let's look forward to a really grand event.

Howdy All,

It's been a bit quiet due to not a lot to arrange and other life taking priority.
That said, I called in on The Burton after stopping off with Val H for a couple of days, in order to sort some dining arrangements.

It will depend on how many are going to attend, so I need to start getting some confirmed numbers for dinner on Saturday night.
If we have around 50 or so, we can prebook your menu choices a week before the event and have a group sit down. If numbers are looking likely to significantly exceed that, we may need to be a bit more flexible.

Keeping the whole thing as simple as possible, you can organise where you eat on Friday and Sunday if you're planning on staying over longer.

Lastly, I have a finalised sticker design and will be organising getting those printed off too.

I'll re-post this on the FB page as well.

If you need a stop off for a pint on the way back to Kington from a "ride out" this pub is just down the road and has superb views across the valley and loads of outside tables. The car park gets busy, but being on adventure bikes you'll find somewhere to park!! - if your stuck for space you can park opposite the church as you turn the corner to the pub. Highly recommended on a sunny day :beerjug:

https://www.harpinnradnor.co.uk

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 15.43.42.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 15.43.42.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 15.45.14.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 15.45.14.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 15.47.28.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 15.47.28.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 149

Back