Honda's new touring era (NT 1100)

How they all going?

So, what's the latest opinions?

Ownership or test ride wise? :nenau

TD

I love mine. Commute daily 100 km. fill up every 400 km. that’s 250 miles. 4000 km and rising. Comfort? Seat isn’t great. Can’t make up my mind if I’ll get my seat modified or just buy the comfort seat. I will get a fender extender a hugger and hand guards. I’ll put a givi box on as the one I have has been knocking around for years and has seen better days. Mine is white manual with no extras. I’ve said it before but bmw should use that f850/900 engine in something like a f900 rt. and stop using 15 litre tanks. JJH

I had one on demo for a whole day. Black, manual with quick shifter, comfort seat and spots. I really liked it - plenty powerful enough, the 1100 mill is characterful, looks good in the flesh with usual great Honda fit and finish, good exhaust note too. Not too heavy to manhandle around and all the options you would want are fitted standard. The only real niggle was that the screen was a bit noisy at whatever height I set it (I am exactly 6') and it was a bit of a faf to do it. I would have one in a heartbeat but am set/lusting on an ATAS which I shall be ordering in the next month or so. The NT would be a far more sensible/practical bike for me, but since when has sense had anything to do with biking?

EDIT forgot to say the comfort seat , for me, was very comfortable, perhaps the best I have sat on - literally all day comfortable.

Picked my new NT up yesterday

Did around 50 miles, more today.

Attachments

• B0968F81-CB26-4C9C-A3F3-7B74D17FCC3C.jpg
    B0968F81-CB26-4C9C-A3F3-7B74D17FCC3C.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 437
  • 0B6F8652-77A3-4F49-A492-8C7D14D2F830.jpg
    0B6F8652-77A3-4F49-A492-8C7D14D2F830.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 425
  • FE63DD14-CFD5-4085-8343-FFC83E6FEB09.jpg
    FE63DD14-CFD5-4085-8343-FFC83E6FEB09.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 423
Looks great , just shows how some graphics can really lift the bike . Vinyl wrap ?

I asked this guy to design and apply the vinyl, he did a great job.

sign it designs.co.uk
Simon Rackham

Was it really expensive ?, and where do you have to go to get it done please ?

I had to pay Simon for his 2 visits to the dealer measuring and detail imaging the bike then for his time on his pc mocking up 3 design options and finally for him to travel to the dealer and apply the finished design. I’d say any future customers would now only be charged around 1/2 what I had to pay as the basic design donkey work is done, you’d probably be looking in the region of £350-£400 give Simon a call he will price it for you. He’s based near to diss Norfolk but travels to all the UK car race circuits.

I had to pay Simon for his 2 visits to the dealer measuring and detail imaging the bike then for his time on his pc mocking up 3 design options and finally for him to travel to the dealer and apply the finished design. I’d say any future customers would now only be charged around 1/2 what I had to pay as the basic design donkey work is done, you’d probably be looking in the region of £350-£400 give Simon a call he will price it for you. He’s based near to diss Norfolk but travels to all the UK car race circuits.

I’d say if it’s £400 it’s not a bad price. I paid more than that for clear Paint Protection film on the gold wing.

I was driving out of Stratford a couple of weeks ago and one of the ABR lads pulled out behind me and followed me to Alcester. They were on their grey loan bike. In the rear view mirror they do look very scooterish. Hardly an inspiring daytime driving light pattern either! The dullness is reminiscent of the Deauville’s.

Graphics make such a difference! Do you remember the mock-ups MCN did based (I think) on something similar to the AT? Just changes the appearance beyond recognition. Silly Honda. :blast

Attachments

• 86C6ABF4-BEF5-429A-AFE6-3EFE5778BA9D.jpg
    86C6ABF4-BEF5-429A-AFE6-3EFE5778BA9D.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 384
I took a DCT out for a two hour test ride, and put a deposit down straight away.
Now the waiting starts.

Back
Top Bottom