Honda's new touring era (NT 1100)

I for one am very glad , and not surprised , that it doesn’t look like the lash up in the photo at the start of the thread. I was a bit peeved I missed out on Arseys ATAS when he sold it but the NT1100 could be a better replacement for my CT1200....unless I buy a V100 or maybe a Norden or maybe a...... oh hell :blast

Attachments

• A336AE4C-3227-4771-897F-F6BBF67B5564.jpg
    A336AE4C-3227-4771-897F-F6BBF67B5564.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 437
Got on to M50 Honda today about the new bike. So conversation on phone goes like this. Hello how can I help? I’m enquiring about the new Honda bike. Which one? (That floored me) The new touring bike I’m quite sure there was only one launched today. I’d like prices and when I can get one please. They won’t be here till after January and I don’t know how much. Oh they’re £12000 in England. Yes but we don’t know yet. Thanks. JJH

My experience with motorcycle, and car for that matter, salespeople is that with 10mins research you will know twice as much as the salesperson about almost any vehicle. Asking questions like “what’s different on this year’s new model, apart from the colour?” Is just a waste of time.

But you would expect them to actually KNOW about the new model. This is not just a retail outlet. It’s the importer. It was the same for a nc750x. The brothers just after buying one. NOT from m50 Honda. Didn’t know when they would have one couldn’t offer a colour but you’d better stick down a deposit anyway. JJH

But you would expect them to actually KNOW about the new model. This is not just a retail outlet. It’s the importer. It was the same for a nc750x. The brothers just after buying one. NOT from m50 Honda. Didn’t know when they would have one couldn’t offer a colour but you’d better stick down a deposit anyway. JJH
I bet if it was a genny or an outboard......they'd know all about it!!!

S20 5G sent this......

I for one am very glad , and not surprised , that it doesn’t look like the lash up in the photo at the start of the thread. I was a bit peeved I missed out on Arseys ATAS when he sold it but the NT1100 could be a better replacement for my CT1200....unless I buy a V100 or maybe a Norden or maybe a...... oh hell :blast

That is a really good looking bike (from this angle anyway), just a shame they are sooo heavy to move around.

That is a really good looking bike (from this angle anyway), just a shame they are sooo heavy to move around.

It looks slightly better from the other with the single sided & carbon can…. … I let the engine and gravity to do the work so don’t usually have a problem moving it but you are right it’s heavy ;)

My neighbour has very recently just traded his CrossTourer in for a new AT1100….mainly because of the weight of the CT.

fbd90dce490a8dbaa81dc23734f3a803.png

Looks ok to me.

Loved my ATAS DCT and this looks like good value at £12999 , seeing as that includes luggage etc .

It’s a large capacity Honda tourer at a cheap price. What’s not to like ?
The bike market needs more inexpensive , good quality bikes to encourage new riders. Not every one can afford the stupid prices some bikes cost nowadays.

I wonder would the 40kg(ish) weight difference to the Crosstourer compensate for the deficit in power??

I really wouldn't want to go backwards in the "giddy up" department.

S20 5G sent this......

It’s behind on both power and torque, to be honest I think it might have a bit less go than the Crosstourer, especially 2 up if you ride with a pillion

The figures for the NT are only just above those for a Varadero, which was a fantastic touring bike in its day but the Crosstourer is a step up

Don’t get me wrong, the NT will surely be a great bike, it just won’t make your eyes bleed

It’s behind on both power and torque, to be honest I think it might have a bit less go than the Crosstourer, especially 2 up if you ride with a pillion

The figures for the NT are only just above those for a Varadero, which was a fantastic touring bike in its day but the Crosstourer is a step up

Don’t get me wrong, the NT will surely be a great bike, it just won’t make your eyes bleed
I know....... I'm just clutching at straws!

S20 5G sent this......

Back
Top Bottom