New BMW G650x Engines - complete - £845

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFJ

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've recently purchased a few of these from BMW

They are listed for an xcountry, but I cannot see why they won't fit in the xchallenge and xmoto variants as I believe they are all fitted with the same motors, but you'd need to confirm.

They come well boxed, strapped to a mini pallet (if somewhat dusty!)

I've not opened mine, but am advised they come complete with clutch, stator, side covers etc as in the pic. Having priced up some new bits for an engine repair, these seemed a bit of a bargain.

They are heavily discounted, and best guess is that they are clearing out the old stock. There were 5 left in Munich when I last checked.

You can order online on the below link.

https://estore.chester-motorrad.co.uk/11-00-7700096-g650x-black-engine-p148140.html

Attachments

• g650x-black-engine.jpg
    g650x-black-engine.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 315
Great find Gareth!

It's reminds me of a few years ago on the TAT when Gaz had a problem with his xchallenge in New Mexico but just happened to be watching one on eBay in Texas which he bought and had transplanted so he could continue.

I'd have thought any fan of these bikes would find the money and buy one :)

And I think Gaz,s second hand engine cost nearly as much as that, all for a plastic neutral switch breaking:blast.

Have you told Wardy he was looking for one.

Tim - yes, I was surprised and had to double check with BMW that it was right. It was. I've bought a few :D

Stuart - yes, sent him a link a while back to one with the same part number I found in Europe when I was searching. Think it was a couple hundred more than this but was still v cheap and no import duties from UK. There was another listed in Italy from memory at around the same money.

I've accumulated various spare used engines for these which I'll now have to do something with:blast

Well..... too good to be true, just had a call from Chester BMW, seems they sold out first thing this morning.
Nice if you got one.
Thanks Gareth,

Hi, yes, had a phone call from them this afternoon as well; thankful but advising that there are no more engines available and that they cannot get hold of any more.

Apols to those who were unable to order.

I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom