Spec a new bike.

Scotsrick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I put my order in last month for my new 1250 to be delivered in March. I couldn’t see any point in it sitting in my garage over winter.

Anyway I’ve ordered a few extra bits (as you do)

Low front seat.
Comfort rear seat for the Mrs
Spotlights
Crash bars.

I was considering going for the low chassis but decided not to bother. The black paint would have been nice but that unleashed a whole host of bits that took the price too high.

Have I missed anything that would improve my enjoyment?

What’s the one thing you are most happy about spending money on?

Do you just buy a standard bike or spec it to the limit?

Buy a fully spec’d ex demo from the dealer and save yourself about £5k. It gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling when you know you’ve got an identical bike to your mate who’s just spent North of £20k. :green gri

Heated seats! Didn’t realise how much I would use it. Awesome.

Heated seats for me. Did 301 miles on Sunday and they are so comfy. And I’d tried every type of after market seat on my previous bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy a fully spec’d ex demo from the dealer and save yourself about £5k. It gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling when you know you’ve got an identical bike to your mate who’s just spent North of £20k. :green gri

yes agree and if he find a low GSA even better for him, he have all on bike already, and bigger fuel tank, low GSA is close to normal GS I think in height

I assume you`ve opted for the TE?
What colour?
I too added heated seats.
I pick mine up next Monday.

I have to admit a heated seat is great, I've had a couple K1600's which have the heated seats and they do make a chilly ride more bearable. An alternative however is to get something like the Gerbing heated pants, they're not as expensive as a new GS! :D

My new one is a triple black gsa basic but specced to TE minus ESA ,SOS ,and the new stupid indicators and the Maxton suspension off the old 1200 will be fitted.

I have the stuff I want like sat nav prep, cruise control,heated grips, spots and pannier rails and a £2000 plus saving on a TE

My new one is a triple black gsa basic but specced to TE minus ESA ,SOS ,and the new stupid indicators and the Maxton suspension off the old 1200 will be fitted.

I have the stuff I want like sat nav prep, cruise control,heated grips, spots and pannier rails and a £2000 plus saving on a TE

I would ditch the Sat Nav and use google on a phone, include the indicators which are fantastic and i think come with the leveling headlight which is staggeringly good. I also love the ESA it work perfectly for me but i am a fat bastard.
Oh and of course the heated seat

I would ditch the Sat Nav and use google on a phone, include the indicators which are fantastic and i think come with the leveling headlight which is staggeringly good. I also love the ESA it work perfectly for me but i am a fat bastard.
Oh and of course the heated seat

Don't need self levelling lights or a hot bum and never ride in the dark , also have a Nav 6 sitting so bit of a waste not to use it as for ESA ,far too many issues on the last one i had it fitted to and even the demo one I rode it was nowhere near as good as the Maxton stuff on my old bike

Don't need self levelling lights or a hot bum and never ride in the dark , also have a Nav 6 sitting so bit of a waste not to use it as for ESA ,far too many issues on the last one i had it fitted to and even the demo one I rode it was nowhere near as good as the Maxton stuff on my old bike
I wouldnt rely on a phone if you're planning on touring. They're unreliable in poor weather, hard to read, often dont work with gloves and/or a wet screen and shake themselves to bits into the bargain.

Stick with your Nav 6.

Ironically I found the lower chassis height was the best "optional extra". When dealing with gravelly steep camber roads in the mountains with full luggage and a pillion it makes life much nicer,j unless of course you're 6' 3 or taller.

Fit a loom for a heated jacket. Best mod you'll ever make...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

+ 1 for the bike powered heated clothing

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I wouldnt rely on a phone if you're planning on touring. They're unreliable in poor weather, hard to read, often dont work with gloves and/or a wet screen and shake themselves to bits into the bargain.

Stick with your Nav 6.

Ironically I found the lower chassis height was the best "optional extra". When dealing with gravelly steep camber roads in the mountains with full luggage and a pillion it makes life much nicer,j unless of course you're 6' 3 or taller.

Fit a loom for a heated jacket. Best mod you'll ever make...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

yes and even if very tall make no difference because frame is same size, so more tall more flat foot on ground

I assume you`ve opted for the TE?
What colour?
I too added heated seats.
I pick mine up next Monday.

A bit of an update here.

I originally just left it standard grey and white but it’s been niggling me since then that I’d really have preferred the triple black.

So I went up today and tried to change it only to find it was already scheduled for build in the next week or so.

The salesman tried to get hold of his contact at the factory only to find out he was on holiday.

So I left it with him and he has just emailed me an order form for a new bike and they’ll take my original one into stock and sell it off the showroom floor.

Now I don’t know about you but that’s what I call good service.

A bit of an update here.

I originally just left it standard grey and white but it’s been niggling me since then that I’d really have preferred the triple black.

So I went up today and tried to change it only to find it was already scheduled for build in the next week or so.

The salesman tried to get hold of his contact at the factory only to find out he was on holiday.

So I left it with him and he has just emailed me an order form for a new bike and they’ll take my original one into stock and sell it off the showroom floor.

Now I don’t know about you but that’s what I call good service.

They have always been excellent to deal with. Better still it’s a proper bike shop with not a BMW or Mini car in sight!!!

I'm looking to get back on a GSA but can't go to the price of a TE now Ive been on Africa Twins for the last 4 years and had GSAs TE in the past but I never needed the ESA or cruise to be honest, ive found a basic GSA with 98 miles with spots heated grips and that's it so almost new but im worried about the resale when I decide to change, but if I could get it cheap enough I suppose it wouldn't matter. Decisions.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I'm looking to get back on a GSA but can't go to the price of a TE now Ive been on Africa Twins for the last 4 years and had GSAs TE in the past but I never needed the ESA or cruise to be honest, ive found a basic GSA with 98 miles with spots heated grips and that's it so almost new but im worried about the resale when I decide to change, but if I could get it cheap enough I suppose it wouldn't matter. Decisions.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

If you are keeping it trade in price should not be an issue, my last 2018 gsa was a personally specced up basic , it was new £2600 cheaper than a TE at the time, when I part exed it at 14,000 miles and 4 years old the part ex value was about £2000 less than had it been a TE.

My new one is again a basic but well specced up ie almost a TE but no ESA or gsap,sos but everything else and again was over £2500 cheaper

With three other black bikes in the garage the last thing i needed was another one. i`m not keen on the Rallye colours, either.
I went for the Grey/white - i think it looks OK, and luckily was the no-cost option. I think it`s a bit of a scam charging extra for different colour paint..
If i`d had a wider choice i would have gone for the Kalmata - i really think that colour suits the GS.

IMG-1536.jpg

Back
Top Bottom