UKGSER Airhead meeting?

Im in too - though proper 'darn sarf' may be a bit of a trek for those of us at the other end. Midlands/dales sounds like a good compromise :)

Im in too - though proper 'darn sarf' may be a bit of a trek for those of us at the other end. Midlands/dales sounds like a good compromise :)

You're 150 miles closer than me!

Just re-read the advert. Says strictly limited to 40 people. So maybe I was wrong.

The organiser, a very nice chap from Wales, seems quite happy with day visitors - I asked via Facebook if it was ok to go along on the Friday as I couldn't make the Sat/Sun and Tim (?) was quite relaxed about the whole thing. Camping limited to 40 but otherwise the more the merrier?

I'm def. up for a Peak Explorer type event...

OK folks, how 'posh' do you need the campsite to be? Just shower block or does it have to be one of these newfangled plug in everything with underground heating and nubile maidens answering your every beck and call? :D

To make it as equidistant from everywhere, thinking of cabby and his ilk... was considering one in the Ashbourne to Hartington area.

Isn't there one just off the A515 near Biggin? Found it ...www.bankybarncaravanandcamping.com/ (No personal knowledge but seems well liked)

Tell yer what Bretton Gliding club is certainly on a windy edge so take some big f in tent pegs if yer go there
I would love Simon (King Rat) take charge of the Airhead event too as hes a good lad and easy to follow - but shirley a few helpers is better so I will put me name down as a helper guide treasure clue setter-outer etc. I liked the old rallies of discovery as well
Gerry will do a lot as well - I bet it could be good doo too

Very happy to help as well - don’t need plug ins but quite like the sound of nubile maidens!:D

Just had another brain fart thats worth considering. Simon
The miners standard at Winter top put a good show on a few year back and the pub is Ok with a big room that could maybe be booked.

I shall start to drop in to some of the farm orientated camping fields we know on Thursday then and make some enquiries - I have the next photograph for a project to do and the weather is going to be perfect for it. This year they were all rammed with camper vans parked in laybys all over the place.... dates would be a good starting point, what time of year are we going for?

Hi Simon

Choosing a date is a poison chalice. There will always be some who will have other commitments or excuses why it will not suit them.

I believe dates need to suit availability of the best venue you find.

We need to be aware of any other UKGSER events that could clash (for example the Dent weekend).

Thanks for starting the search.
Gerry

Trick is not to over think it. I’d recommend The guys organising this choose a few dates that suit them, run a poll and select the date most can make. That won’t be everyone, and that’s ok.

Trick is not to over think it. I’d recommend The guys organising this choose a few dates that suit them, run a poll and select the date most can make. That won’t be everyone, and that’s ok.

Yup. That's the way to do it. If folk manage to come, that's fine. If not, there'll be other years. I'm in anyway. (If the missus signs my leave pass!:D)

As every you are right again Richard - The Miners Standard is at Bank Top WINSTER DE4 2DR
Campsites aside it and I think they did rooms too.
NO MAIDENS in that village

As every you are right again Richard - The Miners Standard is at Bank Top WINSTER DE4 2DR
Campsites aside it and I think they did rooms too.
NO MAIDENS in that village

I notice the Chesterfield church spire is still waiting for a virgin to be married there. :D

I’m in….Maidens a welcome option….dodgy knee means might have to trail the g/s up so plenty of piss taking options thrown in for free!

Just had another brain fart thats worth considering. Simon
The miners standard at Winter top put a good show on a few year back and the pub is Ok with a big room that could maybe be booked.

Great little pub that I intended to drop in for a post photography reviver today! I try to stay clear of the A515 pubs - Jug n Glass, Bull i Thorn etc... neices used to work in them!

THE STAGE IS SET

As promised, I dropped into the Miner's Standard for a pint or two of Pedigree, very well kept it is too. I have put forward our proposal to Wes and Lyndsay and they are going to have a look at the diary.

The pub has three rooms: 1x single, 1x twin and 1x double. B&B is £40/head/night.

Camping is £7/person/night
Breakfast is £7.50
Evening meals are off the menu at list, the grub is very good too, normal pub grub, but nicely done.

I have suggested a weekend towards the end of May / early June as a starter. Availability will be indicated later when they have looked in the diary. Some pictures to let you see what the campsite is like.

Attachments

• G0010151.jpg
    G0010151.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 190
  • G0020154.jpg
    G0020154.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 191
  • GOPR0155.jpg
    GOPR0155.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 188
  • GOPR0156.jpg
    GOPR0156.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 187
Marston's Pedigree? Oooooooh, I dunno! :beer: :D

That'll do for me! Put my name down for camping please.

Marston's Pedigree? Oooooooh, I dunno! :beer: :D

That'll do for me! Put my name down for camping please.

It is a FREE HOUSE, so other ales are on tap but Pedi is my normal pint. ;)

Oh, clarification of FREE HOUSE for the inhabitants of Scotland, and Yorkshire. It means they are free to sell what they like, you still have to pay for it. :D

It is a FREE HOUSE, so other ales are on tap but Pedi is my normal pint. ;)

Oh, clarification of FREE HOUSE for the inhabitants of Scotland, and Yorkshire. It means they are free to sell what they like, you still have to pay for it. :D

How much sharper than a serpent’s tongue... :D

A reminder also that a Yorkshireman is just a Scot with all the generosity wrung out! :D

Ps: Marston’s is just fine. I’ve drunk Usher’s Norseman lager. They turned the brewery into a DiY superstore and the liquids they sold there probably tasted better!

How much sharper than a serpent’s tongue... :D

A reminder also that a Yorkshireman is just a Scot with all the generosity wrung out! :D

Ps: Marston’s is just fine. I’ve drunk Usher’s Norseman lager. They turned the brewery into a DiY superstore and the liquids they sold there probably tasted better!

I bet you drank Vaux double maxim too!

Back
Top Bottom