UKGSER Airhead meeting?

Tbolt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There has been discussion in another thread about holding an airhead event with the hope many of the specials created or owned by forum members being displayed.

I am sounding out any interest in this and advice on how we could achieve this.

If this becomes too difficult to progress I have been made aware that an annual airhead gathering is taking place in Derbyshire next June.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-...overy&utm-term=listing&utm-source=cp&aff=escb

Thanks Gerry

There has been discussion in another thread about holding an airhead event with the hope many of the specials created or owned by forum members being displayed.

I am sounding out any interest in this and advice on how we could achieve this.

If this becomes too difficult to progress I have been made aware that an annual airhead gathering is taking place in Derbyshire next June.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-...overy&utm-term=listing&utm-source=cp&aff=escb

Thanks Gerry

How much??? :eek: Actually, the money's neither here nor there. :augie It just seems a bit er ... over organised? Plus it's ALL airheads rather than just GS bikes. What about organising a meet up at Dent or some other place where there's camping and a pub? Either way, I'll turn up ... deo volente! :D

I had not spotted the limit of 40 bikes at the Derbyshire event.

Making it part of a larger event such as Dent is an option worth looking in to.

I passed through the Dent meet 2 years ago on my way up north and was surprised by the numbers who did not turn up on BMW bikes.

All suggestions welcome.

I think the limit is just for the overnight camping - day visitors unlimited?

I'd be very interested in a UKGSer Airhead meet-up - especially if it 'darn sarf' (down South). But happy to explore up North.

How much??? :eek: Actually, the money's neither here nor there. :augie It just seems a bit er ... over organised? Plus it's ALL airheads rather than just GS bikes. What about organising a meet up at Dent or some other place where there's camping and a pub? Either way, I'll turn up ... deo volente! :D

Motorrad days next year Pete for free camping.

Nice one Gerry.

I just had in mind a little event for those of us that can make it. just pick a date and venue, and everyone sort themselves out.

But then I was never good at organising.

I was going to organise a 'Peak Explorer' for this year, but the virus got in the way. I have most of it done, a scatter rally type event was what I had planned.... if people would like me to incorporate a campsite and extend it to this I am happy to do so, it isn't very much more work/organisation.

The Peak Explorer bit would get you out 'treasure hunt style' to little gems around the Peak back lanes to places most would otherwise never find. I used to do a similar thing each year for the Morini Riders Club - based at a farm in Wetton, called the Wetton Windy! The field was within the Peak National Park and really there is no camping, but because we knew the farmer he let us camp and put on a hog roast in the field. I worked at a cooked meats place and brought a york ham and a whole sirloin. Those days are gone, but catering amounts of meat can still be sourced, I still have some contacts.

Suggestions on a postcard......

AND it's in Berlin! Now yer talkin'! :D Then north to the Baltic and a ferry to Sweden and then Norway! (But maybe not on the airhead!)

I'm going the other way (also not on the airhead).

Assen MotoGP, Harz, Berlin, Ukraine, Romania, et al.

I was going to organise a 'Peak Explorer' for this year, but the virus got in the way. I have most of it done, a scatter rally type event was what I had planned.... if people would like me to incorporate a campsite and extend it to this I am happy to do so, it isn't very much more work/organisation.

The Peak Explorer bit would get you out 'treasure hunt style' to little gems around the Peak back lanes to places most would otherwise never find. I used to do a similar thing each year for the Morini Riders Club - based at a farm in Wetton, called the Wetton Windy! The field was within the Peak National Park and really there is no camping, but because we knew the farmer he let us camp and put on a hog roast in the field. I worked at a cooked meats place and brought a york ham and a whole sirloin. Those days are gone, but catering amounts of meat can still be sourced, I still have some contacts.

Suggestions on a postcard......

I believe this is a great offer to organise an event and with your experience fully support this progressing.

Thanks Gerry

Tell yer what Bretton Gliding club is certainly on a windy edge so take some big f in tent pegs if yer go there
I would love Simon (King Rat) take charge of the Airhead event too as hes a good lad and easy to follow - but shirley a few helpers is better so I will put me name down as a helper guide treasure clue setter-outer etc. I liked the old rallies of discovery as well
Gerry will do a lot as well - I bet it could be good doo too

OK folks, how 'posh' do you need the campsite to be? Just shower block or does it have to be one of these newfangled plug in everything with underground heating and nubile maidens answering your every beck and call? :D

To make it as equidistant from everywhere, thinking of cabby and his ilk... was considering one in the Ashbourne to Hartington area.

OK folks, how 'posh' do you need the campsite to be? Just shower block or does it have to be one of these newfangled plug in everything with underground heating and nubile maidens answering your every beck and call? :D

To make it as equidistant from everywhere, thinking of cabby and his ilk... was considering one in the Ashbourne to Hartington area.

The second one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tell yer what Bretton Gliding club is certainly on a windy edge so take some big f in tent pegs if yer go there
I would love Simon (King Rat) take charge of the Airhead event too as hes a good lad and easy to follow - but shirley a few helpers is better so I will put me name down as a helper guide treasure clue setter-outer etc. I liked the old rallies of discovery as well
Gerry will do a lot as well - I bet it could be good doo too

Yes Mick, I am happy to help out where I can.
Gerry

I shall start to drop in to some of the farm orientated camping fields we know on Thursday then and make some enquiries - I have the next photograph for a project to do and the weather is going to be perfect for it. This year they were all rammed with camper vans parked in laybys all over the place.... dates would be a good starting point, what time of year are we going for?

Back
Top Bottom