Hill Start Control

Regarding the clutch switches:

As you know, there are two of them. The first one engage when you barely touch the lever, and it will disengage the cruise control. In most cases the switch will make contact at such an early stage that the clutch still remains engaged.
The next switch will engage when the clutch lever is all the way in, and this allows for starting the engine when in gear. The switch is adjusted in such a manner that it ensures a total clutch release.

Hence, relying of any of these two switches would be a bad idea. Th CC release will engage way too late for a smooth takeoff, and the in-gear-start bypass switch will engage way too early...

You may be right, but I’m pretty convinced that the poison of the clutch lever is what releases the hill hold. I might have another play later in the day.

You may be right, but I’m pretty convinced that the poison of the clutch lever is what releases the hill hold. I might have another play later in the day.

It is combination of revs and clutch, 2 work together, you can see when video gets to about 200 revs HSC starts to flicker and release, with clutch release slowly also

FFS - seriously wonder why people don't just go out and play with the HSC - why this need to over-analyse something that's pretty simple??

Even on my retro-enabled '15 GSA it works fine. Just brake to a stand on a hill (Plymouth has a lot) and pull a bit harder on the brake. HSC light comes on if you need to check. When starting away just give a bit more throttle against the clutch - it doesn't need any extra revs. In fact if you're revving any harder than normal then you're doing it wrong and you're going to lurch away/end up rear ending the vehicle in front.

It really is that simple.

The only reason I’m analysing it is because I’d like to understand how it works. I rather think that Winjar & Knutk & Micko are similarly interested.

As far as using it, I couldn’t agree more, just go do it.

The only reason I’m analysing it is because I’d like to understand how it works. I rather think that Winjar & Knutk & Micko are similarly interested.

As far as using it, I couldn’t agree more, just go do it.

Agree with both of you - whether it's the older version of the HS or the newer version, it's always seemed very easy to pick up and operate, and a good piece of kit. Never quite understood folks issues with it.

I think there must be a physical difference in the way it’s implemented between the 1200 and 1250 or the 1200s would have the same level of smoothness by now with a software update.

I think there must be a physical difference in the way it’s implemented between the 1200 and 1250 or the 1200s would have the same level of smoothness by now with a software update.

Yes simply this, it make a lot of difference because HSC is how the bike takes off, read below, it is simply engine power and how it deliver the power, but I still love my older bike, because I am not rich. :D

BMW ShiftCam uses two intake cam lobes to broaden and increase power output, Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!

https://www.lonerider-motorcycle.co...t-changed-for-the-better?lnset=1&currency=USD

I love my HHC. Initially thought it a bit gimmicky. But wouldn't do without it now. I simply pull and hold, the green light comes on the dash, let go. Then when I want to move away, Simply pull the lever in again , Light goes out, and pull away. I've never pulled away with it activated , as I know you can.

Careful chaps, Hill Start love is the thin end of the wedge - soon you'll thinking keyless is a good idea.

I think both are ace anyway.

I love keyless too:D, since my 15 plate GSA. Wouldn't want it without now:thumb

I love keyless too:D, since my 15 plate GSA. Wouldn't want it without now:thumb

Yup, never quite got my head around why it's great on cars but not bikes....

I also love the new multi-cluster lights, though I appreciate that the rears could be an issue for those who signal and brake at the same time :hide

Back
Top Bottom