Du to be released imminently...

It’s really annoying, just don’t know why they can’t add Hal& an inch or put less of a cut back on the bottom of the chin bar.

Shoei neotech used to be like that but the new one is fine. Shame Shoei don’t adventurise the neotech and put a peak on it.

I have never had an issue with "chin closeness" on either the C3 Pro or C4 Pro helmets. And I have a chin, just not a Canadian Mounty's chin.

I tried on the C5 the other day and really liked the feel of it. I think its actually has a smaller viewport than the C4 Pro as the chin bar looks to be thicker vertically. The chin bar engagement was more positive. I am a 61 in the C4 Pro and the same size C5 felt too big, so I might need some thicker pads in the liner.

It felt really nice and I would like a ride with one with the comms fitted to see if the speakers are better. But my C4 Pro still has a few years left in, so I wont be buying one yet.

Was about to buy C5 blind but thank god I didn't. Stupid anyway; should always try one first. Well today went into my local BMW dealer and they had one C5 unit in each size. What a total shock and disappointment. Tried on the XL which is what I have in the C4. Totally different fit and ridiculously oversized. Then went for the L and that was completely useless, could barely even get it on and then could not close the chin strap. Seems the shell size change between L and XL is huge, Yes I know they come with variable padding but then I'd have to wait even longer.....Indeed chin guard is far too close so how the mic on the coms works / fits beats me. Closing mechanism is very light so you really need to give it a bit of force to click it shut.
For such an expensive lid I am really shocked at how the fit is sooooo different from previous models.
Anyway, its all personal. I'll be replacing my old C4 with a C4Pro.

Question. My old C4 still has the Sena SC1 in it. Not sure if they did any upgrades but was thinking whether to keep the old comms and shift them to the new lid or buy the whole set new.

Was about to buy C5 blind but thank god I didn't. Stupid anyway; should always try one first. Well today went into my local BMW dealer and they had one C5 unit in each size. What a total shock and disappointment. Tried on the XL which is what I have in the C4. Totally different fit and ridiculously oversized. Then went for the L and that was completely useless, could barely even get it on and then could not close the chin strap. Seems the shell size change between L and XL is huge, Yes I know they come with variable padding but then I'd have to wait even longer.....Indeed chin guard is far too close so how the mic on the coms works / fits beats me. Closing mechanism is very light so you really need to give it a bit of force to click it shut.
For such an expensive lid I am really shocked at how the fit is sooooo different from previous models.
Anyway, its all personal. I'll be replacing my old C4 with a C4Pro.

Question. My old C4 still has the Sena SC1 in it. Not sure if they did any upgrades but was thinking whether to keep the old comms and shift them to the new lid or buy the whole set new.

If you watch Motolegends video about the C5, you will soon find out the reasons why it does not fit your noggin and what they (Motolegends) would do about it to make it fit, unlike your BMW dealer, who’s ticking sales boxes.

If you watch Motolegends video about the C5, you will soon find out the reasons why it does not fit your noggin and what they (Motolegends) would do about it to make it fit, unlike your BMW dealer, who’s ticking sales boxes.

agreed and indeed have watched this. Could probably make if fit after measurements' and with the extra / different padding but my surprise still was the big shell size difference between an XL and a L. Also cant do much about the chin guard which for me just did not work

agreed and indeed have watched this. Could probably make if fit after measurements' and with the extra / different padding but my surprise still was the big shell size difference between an XL and a L. Also cant do much about the chin guard which for me just did not work

also anyone any ideas about the Comms? My old C4 was one of the first so do I buy the latest SC1 with the new C4Pro or just transfer?

Why are Schuberth chinbars so tight to the face!

I’m hardly Jimmy Hill in the lower face department, but Schuberth chin bars always end up touching my chin.

I’m look8ng for a new helmet at the moment, but prefer the adv style with a peak. No E1’s available in large and having tried on the C3, I wouldn’t be able to live with the chin bar on one anyway. Is the C5 any better?

Because they are designed for Germans with square heads

I ordered one from Moto legends, the size and colour I want shows as in stock on their website but the email I got from them says stock expected through February and March.

After I sent Moto Legends an email about this their online stock indicator changed to zero and "expected soon"........just recently I noticed their site was showing stock available so I messaged them again "expected to arrive in May" was their response :blast I feel this is misleading and could be false advertising, I may cancel the order and go with a different lid altogether.

After I sent Moto Legends an email about this their online stock indicator changed to zero and "expected soon"........just recently I noticed their site was showing stock available so I messaged them again "expected to arrive in May" was their response :blast I feel this is misleading and could be false advertising, I may cancel the order and go with a different lid altogether.
Just wait until you try and order any new klim kit I have been waiting 7 months now for the new badlands suit and a krios pro lid

Back
Top Bottom