Android phone photos onto a Mac'

jonnie comet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm sure that this problem is not unique to me but it's one big fat ball ache.

Me, everything Apple, iPhone/Macbook/iPad. Wife, android phone BUT has a Macbook air - she WILL NOT use an iPhone....:nenau

How do I get the photos off her poxy Huawei phone onto my Mac? I connected the phone to my Mac' and installed the 'Android file transfer' programme but evidently it won't work with Catalina.

Lots of download this/download that info on-line but I'm getting a bit lost AND I have a lot more trust in you lot....:thumb2

I would be very grateful for any advice. I am half hoping that you say it can't be done and that she HAS to use an iPhone. Note, this has nothing to do with money, she just won't move off android BUT likes to use a Mac'

Thank you ...:)

Android file transfer is pretty bad.

If you are willing to spend some money, get Commander One to manually connect to the phone.
It might be an overkill, but does the job. I use it to transfer custom maps on the Garmin XT.

Use a cloud service. The Android phone should have a G (Google) Drive. You can configure the camera to automatically back up photos to the G Drive. This gives 15 GB of storage for free.

I use this to sync photos from my Android phone to my laptop. You could do similar with Dropbox but the free allowance is smaller.

According to https://setapp.com/how-to/use-google-drive-on-mac-like-a-pro you can install G Drive on a Mac. If the photo library exceeds the G Drive 15 GB then simply archive the older photos elsewhere, or bin them.

Memory stick?

I use a double ended USB/USBc memory stick plugged into my android phone, backup the photos, plug it into the MacBook pro, dump them onto the computer that way, pretty easy.

Roger.

Just a quick 'Thank you' for all the replies - plenty to go at there, very much appreciated....:thumb2

Another option is to use google photos.......access it in the app on the phone and via a browser on the mac. It's what I do....

Back
Top Bottom