ULEZ charge

Swansea Jack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had the letter of conformity from BMW the NOX states 0.038 is this under or over the level thanks for replies

They class all pre 2007 motorbikes not compliant ie over the NOX emissions of 0.15.
So you have to get in touch with BMW for the certificate which will show NOX emissions.
On my V5 it states Vehicle Cat is M1 which is a car,L3 should be proper category.
Strange that you have to send said certificate plus V5 also a letter explaining why you are appealing to Darlington .
Strange

Newly expanded ULEZ zone now live, so effectively within (but not including) the North and South(?) Circular.

Will be interesting to see the fall out from that, as in residents in the zone with non compliant vehicles.

residents in the zone with non compliant vehicles

I'm proceeding to explore this week if my car gets pinged within two short routes I do occasionally near home (home/garage and home/supermarket) :D
Pretty sure I'll get pinged to the supermarket. I'll go back to do my shopping with the motorbike, as I used to do years ago.

They class all pre 2007 motorbikes not compliant ie over the NOX emissions of 0.15.
So you have to get in touch with BMW for the certificate which will show NOX emissions.
On my V5 it states Vehicle Cat is M1 which is a car,L3 should be proper category.
Strange that you have to send said certificate plus V5 also a letter explaining why you are appealing to Darlington .
Strange

I have recently noticed exactly the same on my V5. Also interesting that Vehicle Category isn't one of the amendable options on the V5. I'm about to start the job of explaining to DVLA how they have once again f**ked up.

I only noticed when I checked to see if I was ok riding into Birmingham.

ULEZ CHARGE

Had the letter of conformity from BMW the NOX states 0.038 is this under or over the level thanks for replies
had an email from TFL the bike is compliant with the emissions and will be added to the register.

So I had a go at someone at BMW because of this matter, so my wife Mini Cooper S 2004 goes Ulez all the way and my GS 1200 2006 doesn’t.

What crap it’s this…
😤

BMW doesn't set the threshold. TfL does.

Pre-2007 bike is by default not compliant. You have to obtain the letter from BMW (as OP did) and send it to TFL.
Search the forum, it has been widely documented here.

So I had a go at someone at BMW because of this matter, so my wife Mini Cooper S 2004 goes Ulez all the way and my GS 1200 2006 doesn’t.

What crap it’s this…
��

Why "have a go at someone at BMW" ? it's not BMW who made the TFL ULEZ rules.

BMW don't have to help, but can, and will help you (or maybe not in your case if you're stroppy with them :D) as they have many of us, very simply and without charge.
I have four 1150 models, all exempt from the ULEZ charge thanks to BMW.

Not that way of having a go, I spoke once again but this time with the BMW Uk centre, they do not hold that data in record as it wasn’t necessary to do so.

In your case all does 1150 there was a precedent, reason for your exemption, unfortunately the database at TFL it’s taking longer than expected or not. Swansea Jack had its exemption, so how come no update has been done?? Go figure…

The go that I mention it’s for the fact that Mini Cooper it’s indeed powered by a BMW engine.

Not so stroppy like you mention, trying to make sense on the matter and bringing awareness.

Last edited:
Not that way of having a go, I spoke once again but this time with the BMW Uk centre, they do not hold that data in record as it wasn’t necessary to do so.

In your case all does 1150 there was a precedent, reason for your exemption, unfortunately the database at TFL it’s taking longer than expected or not. Swansea Jack had its exemption, so how come no update has been done?? Go figure…

The go that I mention it’s for the fact that Mini Cooper it’s indeed powered by a BMW engine.

Not so stroppy like you mention, trying to make sense on the matter and bringing awareness.

Translation needed please. What has a Mini Cooper engine got to do with a BMW motorcycle engine ?

Ask BMW headquarters for the necessary document, an EC COC, for your vehicle to satisfy TFL that the emissions on your motorcycle comply with their emission regulations and can be exempted from the ULEZ charges.

You email a picture of your log book/registration document to eccoc@bmw.co.uk with the briefest of explanations why you require said document that your vehicle complies with, don't confuse them by mentioning a Mini Cooper. .
They email the document back to you.
You then forward it on, along with the copy/picture of your log book/reg document to TFL, using their own website, in the section marked "why you think your vehicle should be exempt".
They will respond, it can be within 2 days or 10 days, luck of the draw.. One of my bikes took 2 days, the others between 3-7 days. I've also know people have to apply a couple of times after wrongly being refused. Don't get angry if this happens, just re-apply until it lands in someones inbox who knows what they're doing.

Newly expanded ULEZ zone now live, so effectively within (but not including) the North and South(?) Circular.

Will be interesting to see the fall out from that, as in residents in the zone with non compliant vehicles.

Good news. Civil strife has not erupted within the expanded zone.

Back
Top Bottom