Akrapovich Euro3

Flipper_Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apart from Nippy Norman’s and Cotswold BMW - does anyone know of someone with stock of the Euro3 version of the Akrapovich titanium can ? New bike arriving beginning of Dec and think my one needs replacing as it looks suitably ‘aged’ on my current ride but will look suitably ‘tramp like’ on the new one…

Why do you need a Euro3 version? Euro3 and 4 and 5 were specification that manufacturers needed to comply with to sell bikes onto the EU market, there is no law which says that individuals must comply with it.

Why do you need a Euro3 version? Euro3 and 4 and 5 were specification that manufacturers needed to comply with to sell bikes onto the EU market, there is no law which says that individuals must comply with it.

Because Euro 3 allowed removable baffles and Euro 4 and above do not.

Because Euro 3 allowed removable baffles and Euro 4 and above do not.

But Euro 3 and Euro 4 are manufacturers regulations and there is no need for an individual owner to comply with them. Your new bike will comply with a Euro regulation and not an individual component that you fit to it. It is a motorcycle type approval regulation.

But Euro 3 and Euro 4 are manufacturers regulations and there is no need for an individual owner to comply with them. Your new bike will comply with a Euro regulation and not an individual component that you fit to it. It is a motorcycle type approval regulation.

Sorry, I’m not being clear. The Euro3 Akrapovich BMW branded pipe that fits the GS has removeable baffles - the later versions of this pipe do not. I want removeable baffles - I have no care/consideration for the overall bike approval. I’m simple trying to identify the version of the pipe - the one with removeable baffles !

Sorry, I’m not being clear. The Euro3 Akrapovich BMW branded pipe that fits the GS has removeable baffles - the later versions of this pipe do not. I want removeable baffles - I have no care/consideration for the overall bike approval. I’m simple trying to identify the version of the pipe - the one with removeable baffles !

I understand now. :okay

frend tell me today BMW offer new type of exhaust very soon, not sure what it can be.

That's interesting - I remember a Remus can I had that was similar, just required a handful of screwdriver to remove. So does the 'Python' have screws that you can put the baffles back in with ? Might have to actually take a trip to a dealer to take a look...

OK, after a bit of phoning around……BMW still sell the Euro3 Akrapovich, the part number is 77 11 8 533 744. Arrived this week, all ready to go on the new bike. My old one will be on here after I’ve cleaned it up if anyone’s interested…….no where near £875 though….

Back
Top Bottom