Handlebar muffs - over hand guards

Slipperyeel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In November i ride back down to Italy. Going to need some handlebar muffs.

Can anyone recommend some that will fit over the hand guards? Right now I'm heading toward Wunderlich... They're fugly, but I suspect I won't care too much of my hands are cosy.

Seen the neoprene versions that suit within the handguard, but operating the switchgear looks like a problem.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I have the givi ones, they are designed to work with handguards and are great in winter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

In November i ride back down to Italy. Going to need some handlebar muffs.

Can anyone recommend some that will fit over the hand guards? Right now I'm heading toward Wunderlich... They're fugly, but I suspect I won't care too much of my hands are cosy.

Seen the neoprene versions that suit within the handguard, but operating the switchgear looks like a problem.

Thanks!

Tucano urbano

probably the best ;)

I use R319, just refitted to my R1200RS for winter. They are no longer made but these are pretty much the same spec except they have the clear panel to supposedly make locating the switches easier. https://www.tucanourbano.com/en/pp/motorcycle-handgrips-black-r334-65825

I have Barkbuster Storm handguards on my RS and I can fit them so that I can operate the switches.

The new ones are poor versions of the originals ..

only lined on the top, and cheap thin fake fur lining

I have the givi ones, they are designed to work with handguards and are great in winter.

How do you find using the switchgear? If I'm seeing the images online correctly, then you have to operate the switches through the neoprene? Does that work ok? Sounds like a yes, which is slightly surprising. But the price is good!

I use R319, just refitted to my R1200RS for winter. They are no longer made but these are pretty much the same spec except they have the clear panel to supposedly make locating the switches easier. https://www.tucanourbano.com/en/pp/motorcycle-handgrips-black-r334-65825

I have Barkbuster Storm handguards on my RS and I can fit them so that I can operate the switches.

Thanks for the link

Are your Bark busters smaller than the OEM hand guards? And you're putting these over the top (which I like the sound of because it will presumably support the muffs at higher speeds and keep it off the controls/levers.

How do you find using the switchgear? If I'm seeing the images online correctly, then you have to operate the switches through the neoprene? Does that work ok? Sounds like a yes, which is slightly surprising. But the price is good!

Its like a cordura outer and yes you have to operate the switches underneath the handguards. Not a big deal once you get used to it. Plus they are very reasonable.

https://www.nippynormans.com/f800r-f800s-f800st/givi-over-handguard-handlebar-muffs

If you buy a set with holes to connect to the bar end weights only do so on the right one - otherwise manoeuvring in tight spaces becomes difficult

A couple of heavy duty releasable zip ties and cutting off the steel connecting bar makes for a quick on/off

Summer gloves and low grip heat is all that is ever needed with the excellent Turcano muffs (they will also keep your hands/gloves dry)

If you buy a set with holes to connect to the bar end weights only do so on the right one - otherwise manoeuvring in tight spaces becomes difficult

A couple of heavy duty releasable zip ties and cutting off the steel connecting bar makes for a quick on/off

Summer gloves and low grip heat is all that is ever needed with the excellent Turcano muffs (they will also keep your hands/gloves dry)
Thanks for the tips

IMG has kindly offered me some of the unobtainable Tucano's, so I quickly took up his offer!

Back
Top Bottom