K1600 using my number plate

It is more common than people assume and normally caused by dealers getting the numbers wrong, we had two Police transits with plates transposed by a main Ford dealer ie one had the equivalent of A123ABC on the front and A124ABC on the back and the other had A124ABC on the front and A123ABC on the rear.

I have dealt with jobs to examine vehicles where dealers had either put the wrong plates on the wrong car or even sent out two cars with the same registration number and it wasn't picked up or best of all two cars the same spec and colour registered by the same dealer with the DVLA and both had the same registration number issued . A glitch in the DVLA computer system meant it was not picked up .

If we got reports similar to this we would first check the person reporting did actually have the correct vehicle and then compare it with the photos of the offending vehicle, usually it was blatantly obvious that they were not the same vehicle but in every case a marker was put on the PNC to have the vehicle bearing the false plates stopped , an ANPR marker was put on the system and a local intelligence marker . If the vehicle had been clocked in a foreign force area then we would inform that force of the vehicle and ask them to place a further marker on their local intelligence system.

If the vehicle involved was the the same colour , model as the genuine one then we would advise the owner of the genuine one to place some kind of unique sticker in a clearly visible location on the front and rear of their car so that if it happened again you could identify the real vehicle on photographs

Maybe I could have explained better. Anyway, it's now reported to N Yorks police and they have put a marker on the number. It means I might get pulled too but not worried about that. Haven't heard back from the parking people but I'm not expecting any issues especially since I have the all important crime reference number.

How are you getting on? All resolved yet?

I was wondering if it was a camera related offence or person issuing a ticket.
If it was a camera, the plate screw may be in the top of the 0 so it read as a U.
Just recently reported was persons receiving a bus lane ticket for their vehicle. The camera had actually picked up lettering on a pedestrians jumper and produced an index and sent out a ticket, all automatic.

Interestingly:-

AP19 CZU
✓ Taxed
Tax due:
1 March 2022
Incorrect tax status?
MOT
No details held by DVLA
Incorrect MOT status?
WarningIf you've just bought this vehicle the tax or SORN doesn't come with it. You'll need to tax it before driving it.
Vehicle Details
Vehicle make BMW
Date of first registration March 2019
Year of manufacture 2019
Cylinder capacity 1649 cc
CO₂ emissions 133 g/km
Fuel type PETROL
Euro status EURO 4
Real Driving Emissions (RDE) Not available
Export marker No
Vehicle status Taxed
Vehicle colour BLACK
Vehicle type approval L3
Wheelplan 2 WHEEL
Revenue weight Not available
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued 5 March 2019
View the tax rates for this vehicle
If you have the latest 11 digit reference number from the V5C registration certificate (logbook) you can view the tax rates for this vehicle.

DVLA says that AP19 CZO had a new V5 issued on 19 August 2021.

Was that to you?

Back
Top Bottom