Dent Event ... 20th - 22nd May 2022

My mind is old and forgetful but given your regular shared words of wisdom and valuable advice it’s highly likely that you are correct…

Changed my mind after reading your reply.
I better buy you one instead. ;)

It's all shaping up nicely ... we just need Crabby, Engineer and Flyer to come visit and we're good to go :thumby:

:beerjug:

Just had the tent out and set up, to give it an airing after Portsoy.

One thing i cant understand ...

Tent weighs next to nothing

Flysheet & poles, grams lol

Only heavy thing is the pegs

Yet put them in the bag and it weighs a feckin ton ??

Just a heads-up, but I’ve just been through Dent and over the tops to Garsdale Head via Dent station. It’s been ‘resurfaced’ but they’ve just thrown bitumen and loose clippings at it so the climb to Dent stn is very treacherous. Banks of loose clippings just where you don’t want them in the switchbacks and then all along the middle of the road across the top and down to Garsdale Head stn.

Great if you’re used to loose stuff but an accident waiting for the unwary.

Hi
Is there a limit on how late you can arrive at the campsite?

The gates will be closed anytime during the late evening, but they're not locked ... what time do you call late :eek:

Entrance opposite the Heritage Centre, come and find us, I'm sure someone will be about to show you where to camp. Once you go through the gate just to the right is a small Gazebo thingy, I would think there will be drinkers in there :thumb2

Unless its 2am :blast

:beerjug:

I have been before but seem to recall the gates being closed at some point in the evening.

Not sure about time, doing a few things on the way down from skye and was just planning the trip when I remembered.

Back
Top Bottom