Dent Event ... 20th - 22nd May 2022

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Here you are guy's gals .... for your delectable delights :thumby:

The Dent Event 2022 is on the Calendar so that you can organise yersens.

I'll be closing this thread until nearer the date, so that I can post up relevant information, prices etc.

There will be a raffle .... proceeds to The Great North Air Ambulance.

Magnet and Harry the Cat are 'Runs co-ordinators', but don't start mithering about which run this, which run that, again until nearer the date.

If you're gonna be camping either canvas, wobbly box, campervan or motorhome let me know in due course. No need to book yourselves in with High Laning ... I'll be doing that for you.

If you don't know what the Dent Event is all about then please do a search for previous events.

It's not to be missed :D:thumby:

In the meantime we can have a Dent Event's very own Beakchat and Bollox thread for you to inanely chat between yourselves :D

Posted now for no other reason than to get it in your diary :thumb

Take care ... see you there

Micky

:beerjug:

UPDATED

I'm up at Dent now, cold and damp, but it is January :eek:

Sun Inn and George and Dragon closed ... the village is closed.

Margaret said I'm the only one on the campsite ... well I would be at £22.50 a night, mid week, in January :blast

So for the Dent Event in May we have ...

£12.00 per person per night ... up from £9.00

Electric hook up at £5.00 per night ... up from £3.00

Dogs at £2.00 per night ... up from £1.00

Awnings at £5.00 per night ... up from £3.00

Margaret will have a list of all attendees, please report to reception and pay her, not me :thumb

This will be my last 'Dent Event' as such :rob

See you there folks :beerjug:

£22.50 in January? Have they not heard of low season? I hope you took some tinnies with you :)

Must have invested loads in the field and facilities in the off season to go for price increases like that then ;)

£22.50 in January? Have they not heard of low season? I hope you took some tinnies with you :)

Given the business Micky generates for the campsite, it beggers belief he's charged at all,
let alone the full summer rate in winter.:blast

Given the business Micky generates for the campsite, it beggers belief he's charged at all,
let alone the full summer rate in winter.:blast

Margaret is 'farming stock' not business .... I don't want owt for nowt (not the typical Yorkshire person then eh!)

But when Sue spends the evening taking orders for breakfast baps, and collects the money, a job we volunteered for because Margaret had taken an order on one of the first events, and two guys didn't collect, and they weren't paid for .... then when Sue goes up for a couple of breakfast rolls and Margaret charges her :blast

One of the reasons this is my last Dent Event Stu ....

I have a couple of ideas for next year up my sleeve .... same weekend :D

Watch this space :thumby:

I feel for you Micky I have only attended two possibly 3 Dents( beer memory!) , but the abiding impression is Margarets demeanour when bollocking us for other non paying campers. She certainly is a strange one.

She does seem to mellow by the time you draw the raffle on the Saturday night though. Hope to see you there again this year Micky just sorting out the logistics.

Steve

I feel for you Micky I have only attended two possibly 3 Dents( beer memory!) , but the abiding impression is Margarets demeanour when bollocking us for other non paying campers. She certainly is a strange one.

She does seem to mellow by the time you draw the raffle on the Saturday night though. Hope to see you there again this year Micky just sorting out the logistics.

Steve

That's because I've fed her a couple of G&T's :D

See you there Steve :thumby:

Stick me down for canvas please Micky.

Think i might be able to get all my trips in this year ;)

Some years ago Margeret was fined by the council for cutting down an old tree without permission (it made the local news). I guess that fine still stings :D

Back
Top Bottom