The Dent Event' Beakchat & Bollox' thread ...

For any that may be interested, on Sat 21st May, A4 steam locomotive 60007, Sir Nigel Gresley is due to pass over Ribblehead at 11.25, Blea Moor at 11.28, and Garsdale Head at 11.39......a sight....and sound.... that should be worth seeing...

For any that may be interested, on Sat 21st May, A4 steam locomotive 60007, Sir Nigel Gresley is due to pass over Ribblehead at 11.25, Blea Moor at 11.28, and Garsdale Head at 11.39......a sight....and sound.... that should be worth seeing...

An Embra man. There's a plaque in his honour in the booking office at Waverly. Hmmm ... A little restraint may have to be exercised on Friday night. :augie

Too late, Posh Pete and I shall be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, don't drag me into this! I only did that for money. Many moons ago now!

An Embra man. There's a plaque in his honour in the booking office at Waverly. Hmmm ... A little restraint may have to be exercised on Friday night. :augie

And now your conscience should help others in need!

It's your your moral duty you bast***!

The last time i saw the SNG it was in bits in the workshop at the NRM.

That train scared the beejeesus out of me when I was about 7. Was stood next to it on the platform and the driver vented steam. Nearly crapped myself.
Would certainly like to see it again.

What's the general consensus around food. I get the impression breakfast seems to be catered for onsite/local cafe? Are the local pubs the the usual place to grab an evening meal from. Or do most stay at the 'site and cook?

just deciding on if i need to/should bring any cooking equipment. Or to leave it behind.

What's the general consensus around food. I get the impression breakfast seems to be catered for onsite/local cafe? Are the local pubs the the usual place to grab an evening meal from. Or do most stay at the 'site and cook?

just deciding on if i need to/should bring any cooking equipment. Or to leave it behind.

Pub for lunch and dinner!

I'm taking cooking gear as getting a seat in the Sun of an evening to eat can be problematic, same goes for the Dragon so, the option to cater for oneself, for me at least, seems sensible :thumb2

Well the weather is shaping up to being shite ( iant that a surprise )

So i may limit my saturday the the viaduct

I'm cooking for myself too, unless anyone has booked a table at either of the establishments for Friday / Saturday

If your not in hurry or on a ride out saturday, the cafe does good food, but dosent open till 10:00

the campsite offering is ok, but not brilliant

There is? Was I being particularly unobservant or is this a fairly recent addition?

The road between Bridge of Cally and Blair is also subject to closures....away just now myself, but worth some research...the official diversion is via Pitlochry, there is a way round via the Drimmie road, but its a bit gnarly....

Will have to check that out, thank's :thumb

Back
Top Bottom