The Dent Event' Beakchat & Bollox' thread ...

Great W/E once again. many thanks to Micky and Sue. Special thanks to Alistair for 70% convincing Joanne why we need a camper van. She's not quite there yet, but interested in looking.
Dropped my bike off at Teasdales in Thirsk on the way home for it's first service. Andy lent me a 22plate KTM 1290 super duke R. NO, it will definately not be my next bike. I can barley walk this morning and it is very very tall.
"barley"????

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Great W/E once again. many thanks to Micky and Sue. Special thanks to Alistair for 70% convincing Joanne why we need a camper van. She's not quite there yet, but interested in looking.
Dropped my bike off at Teasdales in Thirsk on the way home for it's first service. Andy lent me a 22plate KTM 1290 super duke R. NO, it will definately not be my next bike. I can barley walk this morning and it is very very tall.

Only 70%? I think it was more like 90

TENT

Does anyone know what the two matching tipi tents are in the back ground?

Cheers

Simon

Attachments

• TENT.jpg
    TENT.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 273
Does anyone know what the two matching tipi tents are in the back ground?

Cheers

Simon

Mspenz has the front one, can't remember the other one and there was one more down the hill a bit. Looked good.

Robens green cone, the other one is mine.

The other was mine. Lots of room for one. Plenty still for two AND you can get your keks on and off without grovelling on the ground. Mine fits into a 35L Lomo bag and usually sits on the back rack of the airhead (single seat), leaving the panniers for sleeping bag, mat, cooking stuff, clothes etc. They're good tents, if a bit dear at full price.

Did not realise that was a green cone, looked a bit beige coloured on my phone and did not realise they had the darker coloured top vents, looked a bit like a Fairbanks. Cheers all

Just noticed Robens are doing a Klondike in PRS rip stop now as well, I have the poly cotton version for the family and have used for the bike, but it is a bit heavy. It looks like they may have now solved that for using on the bike

I can also rate them highly having spent a considerable amount of time in them..almost 9 weeks in Greece over the last 2 years while travelling with my partner..travelling 2 up on a Super Tenere.
Plenty of space but a slight faff to put up, especially in front of a boozy group of spectators :rolleyes:

Great tent :thumb2

I can also rate them highly having spent a considerable amount of time in them..almost 9 weeks in Greece over the last 2 years while travelling with my partner..travelling 2 up on a Super Tenere.
Plenty of space but a slight faff to put up, especially in front of a boozy group of spectators :rolleyes:

Great tent :thumb2

How dare you! We gave you maximum points for artistic impression, but not so good on the technical expertise....obviously if it hadn't been raining we would have helped, but were restricted to useful advice and hints by climatic conditions...:D

How dare you! We gave you maximum points for artistic impression, but not so good on the technical expertise....obviously if it hadn't been raining we would have helped, but were restricted to useful advice and hints by climatic conditions...:D

Blimey, that was generous,

The artisstic merit was badly lacking, but subbing out part of the assembly to a 3rd party was pure genius and that got a solid 10 from me :D

Back
Top Bottom