Garmin cables

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all
I’m after a short chargers cable for my nuvi 2595 that does not send it into data transfer mode l ,looking
For around 1 ft length.failing that is there any way of shortening an existing cable

Shorten a longer lead by looping it. Then secure the loop with cable tie / velcro / sticky tape. Do not use a nail.

Google micro / mini (I don’t know what size the socket is) USB charging lead. Add in non-data if you feel inclined. They are as cheap as chips.

Just tried some leads usb leads I already have from other garmin gps ,when I plug them into a USB port in the car the gps goes into data transfer mode but when I put them into the USB port on the bike it just starts up as normal ,which was why I was asking ,so it’s seems I am sorted .thanks for the reply .
Any ideas as to why there is a difference when using the same lead into what i assumed was they same output .

I’d guess because your car maybe has some sort of inbuilt computer in it (or something that the Garmin device sees as a computer) perhaps? That maybe leaks across? The good news is that neither of my cars does it.

Back
Top Bottom