Black Forrest Acomodation?

I didn’t have Mr Kipling down as a German. The things you learn. I must tell my mate.

I thought you were well up on WW2 history. Haven't you heard of, the shortage of "sehr gute Kuchen" that decimated morale on the Eastern Front?

Herr Kippelhoff made sehr gute Kuchen but the brand was withdrawn after WW2 due to supplying the Reich. Rank Hovis McDougall nicked the recipes and relaunched as Mr Kipling in the 1960s.

For convenience we always used the Holiday Inn Express at Baden-Baden when in transit - there is a decent Italian nearby & usually something happening in town.

If we fancied a touch of luxury we had come to enjoy Rottele's Restaurant & Residenz, just south of BB in the vinyards at Schloss Neuweier, close to the B500. Sadly Armin, the Patron & HD enthusiast, decided to pull the plug in 2020 (after 16 yrs) due to the pandemic.

I would use the Holiday Inn again. Nice bar, decent breakfast and parking in the basement/ground floor. Turn left out of the hotel to the pizza place 400m away.

Just booked 3 nights in the Berghotel in the first week of May.

It better live up to the billing as I will need a relaxing time after a weekend on the lash

Let us know what your experience will be like.

Won't be staying at Mummelsee now. I have acquired an entourage which the hotel cannot accommodate. Looks like we will be in a hotel in Buhlertal surrounded by vineyards. This will work better for a group as there is a choice of eateries and of course a vineyard to explore. http://hotel-adler-buehlertal.de/

Back
Top Bottom