Black Forrest Acomodation?

Looks great!

Could be a great early season round trip, having combined Wappings suggestion and Black Forest.

Or just head to Black Forest for a week, pitch your self for 3-4 nights at Mummelsee, and have it as a cracking base for exploring the area beyond B500. Or have day off bike, grab a picnic lunch and just head out on foot into the hills.

I wasn’t aware I was going to Dieppe in May :nenau

She certainly mentioned it but I’d since erased it from the limited space between my ears since then. I’ll have to ask her if we’re going from Dover or using the more desirable Newhaven crossing.

it's the 2020 deferred UKRM thing

the piss up is the last weekend in April - I'm looking at the Newhaven crossing as it is £31.50 one way, departs 930am and arrives in Dieppe at 130pm. Probably stay in the nearby Premier Inn on the Thursday.

I have the following week off work.

I have stayed their before and would not go back. Much better places to stay than there. Rooms are dated and small, bike parking is limited and on the main road, host is very un-accommodating. That was our experience if that helps?

TA Steve

I booked it with flexible options so might change my mind on where I am going, anyway, depending on the weather and if others are coming. It just looks to be in a decent location as a touring base with roads going east & west as well as the B500, allowing me to create circular routes quite easily.

Try David and Angela Williams at Pension Williams in Seebach. It's ideal for a 1 night stop over and very close to the B500.
Stayed there a couple of times myself, would recommend.

The place EVski is recommending looks good also but for me Titisee is the nicest place in the BF and a place I always head for.

For convenience we always used the Holiday Inn Express at Baden-Baden when in transit - there is a decent Italian nearby & usually something happening in town.

If we fancied a touch of luxury we had come to enjoy Rottele's Restaurant & Residenz, just south of BB in the vinyards at Schloss Neuweier, close to the B500. Sadly Armin, the Patron & HD enthusiast, decided to pull the plug in 2020 (after 16 yrs) due to the pandemic.

Another vote for berghotel at mummelsee. Stopped there in 2014 and found it very good. Having said that pension William is also great.

Just booked 3 nights in the Berghotel in the first week of May.

It better live up to the billing as I will need a relaxing time after a weekend on the lash with AndyB_11 and his responsible adult in Dieppe.

I have stayed their before and would not go back. Much better places to stay than there. Rooms are dated and small, bike parking is limited and on the main road, host is very un-accommodating. That was our experience if that helps?

TA Steve

Odd that EVSkij gave it a good thumbs up and assorted websites give it a uniformly good review. I know the hotel (though have never stayed there) as I have stopped for a coffee at the gift shop place next door several times. It looks OK, with a whole heap of parking outside. I’ll accept that it’s on the B500 but I don’t think that makes the parking particularly risky. I am sure I went into the hotel once for lunch or a coffee, when it was tipping it down outside. I recall it was OK.

Are we talking about the same place?

I do believe that it improved a lot after the fire as it led to a big refurb. Prior to the fire it was just ok.

I do believe that it improved a lot after the fire as it led to a big refurb. Prior to the fire it was just ok.

I had no idea it had suffered from a fire.

My experience was excellent, with staff being well trained and some were being trained and supervised as I had my dinner (a lad with a tea towel in one of the pics above)

There is a mention of rooms being small, I think that they are excellent size and have a sofa, big telly on the wall etc. The complete room is equivalent of a open plan kitchen-living room affair one would get in a large new building apartment. Plenty big for two people let alone a single dude occupying it. The balconies are large enough for you to have a chilled out afternoon in an armchairs and a coffee table, plus all that the space to get around if all.

Like [mention]Wapping [/mention] has said, heaps of parking outside, but if you are overly worried about your steed being nicked in the middle of a forest, then you could ask at the reception to park it out the back and under the cover. It isn’t a garage per se, but it would keep your bike out of the elements and plain sight from the road.

I would say, that if one had a terrible experience some donkeys years ago, then they must revisit it. It probably isn’t “same” place it once was.

I was told it had a big fire in about 2011. I stayed in 2014 and it was very good. Good sized room well presented in a modern style. Overlooking the lake.
Good food. Good staff.
All in all. An enjoyable experience

Odd that EVSkij gave it a good thumbs up and assorted websites give it a uniformly good review. I know the hotel (though have never stayed there) as I have stopped for a coffee at the gift shop place next door several times. It looks OK, with a whole heap of parking outside. I’ll accept that it’s on the B500 but I don’t think that makes the parking particularly risky. I am sure I went into the hotel once for lunch or a coffee, when it was tipping it down outside. I recall it was OK.

Are we talking about the same place?

My apologies!

I am on about the Berg Hotel in Cochem.

Will look into this one.

TA Steve

Back
Top Bottom