Himalayan 650 coming?

That's a bit more like it. Now if they just do something about the ugainly looks...

So they’re looking at adding two more bikes to a sector that’s already awash with mundane, overweight shit?

The existing 650 models are different to the stuff most other manufacturers are offering and that’s what makes them so good and they’re obviously becoming increasingly popular but the adventure bike sector is a completely different ball game and might be a tougher nut to crack.

Most people I know with an Enfield of any description have them as a second bike, an alternative to their main one offering something completely different. Where does a mid ranged adventure bike without the options packages available from the more established players sit :nenau

12 months ago RE stated categorically that a 650 Himalayan or similar was not being developed and not part of their future development strategy

They just need to produce more power from the 411cc engine they have.
the KTM 390cc engine has nearly twice the BHP

They just need to produce more power from the 411cc engine they have.
the KTM 390cc engine has nearly twice the BHP

To be fair, if you want twice the power you can buy a KTM 390cc.

As has been said before, yes, the Himmy is a low power bike but, being a long stroke under square motor has qualities that
the higher power, higher revving over square motors do not have, and that's what attracted me to the bike in the first place
as well as the low seat hight of course and, the look of it, and, well just about everything about it actually :D

Had mine 3 years and 7000 miles now, just MOT'd it and no probs. :thumb2

Anyhow, sod the more power thing, improve the shit front brake please RE. :thumb2 :D

PS. Just got hold of my (free) new front and rear calipers to fit myself and they look good. The pistons are coated and the
whole thing anodised so sticking brakes should be a thing of the past. I may even swap the front pads for EBC sintered ones
and see if they make any difference to the stopping (gradual retardation) power :D

Back
Top Bottom