CRF250L on the Kalahari Rally. One tough little bike and one tough lady rider.

sanqhar

Reaction score
Been following "Itchy Boots" on YouTube in her travels around South Africa.

She entered the Kalahari Rally. She finished the Rally (including a couple of 700+ kilometre stages).

Her little CRF took a pounding, only breaking the rear subframe on the last day having finished the Rally the previous day.

This lady deserves a lot of respect so subscribe and "Like" her videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgffJrDon9I

tom

If I was a betting man, I would say her next machine will be a KTM. She seemed very impressed with those which she borrowed briefly during the rally. At the end of the current series she did drop a hint that she knew which bike she would be replacing the Honda with.

Best season yet I think. Norally must be in huge demand behind the scenes from commercial interests as you could not wish for a better ambassador for bikes, gear or your country’s tourism. She’s solid gold.

If I was a betting man, I would say her next machine will be a KTM. She seemed very impressed with those which she borrowed briefly during the rally. At the end of the current series she did drop a hint that she knew which bike she would be replacing the Honda with.

You don’t think she will be getting back on board the Himalayan then.

If I recall the lil CRF is off to be displayed in a museum! Technically she still owns it but it was being trailered away complete with all its soft luggage and er “ detachable” rear sub frame

Ive watched all her videos and shes got better in more ways than one.
her video editing, the use of drones for superb footage and her riding skills have improved.

she still crawls through mud with such low revs im expecting her to stall or just fall over on her usual videos.
but on the Kalahari rally, shes rides flat out and even after coming off a few times shes wasn't put off.

Given KTMs mighty balls up with Ewan McGregor, if i was KTM i would do everything i could to bring Noraley on board.
supply her with a brand new KTM 390 adventure and all the gear she wants, pay for her fuel.
They could create a custom model (bigger tank!) called the Itchy special, people could ride round on the same bike and setup :p
after all she is also flying the flag for the Netherlands, its a match made in heaven.

During her first 2 seasons the sales of Royal Enfields went through the roof, im sure part of this was down to the "Itchy Boots" channel

“after all she is also flying the flag for the Netherlands, its a match made in heaven.”

What match is that then, KTM is Austrian.

“after all she is also flying the flag for the Netherlands, its a match made in heaven.”

What match is that then, KTM is Austrian.

Well thats awkward, ive always thought KTM was Dutch, and thats why their bikes are orange lol

You will be telling me next that BMW are not Italian!

ill get my coat......

Well thats awkward, ive always thought KTM was Dutch, and thats why their bikes are orange lol

You will be telling me next that BMW are not Italian!

ill get my coat......

Should have salvaged things by saying you were talking about WP suspension which was originally a Dutch company but was taken in house by KTM as they use it on a lot of their bikes :teacher:)

Back
Top Bottom