701 Enduro "Travel Edition"

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having had numerous G650 XChallenges and converted a couple of them into "Adventure Spec" with long range tanks , luggage racks , screens etc I was missing having a big single that I could go distance on via the more interesting back road routes . I had parted with the XChallenges as with them being now some 14 years old spares for certain items were becoming an issue as BMW no longer support them being over the 10 year old threshold so when stocks run out they are not replenished . This meant the 4000 mile trips I had done previously were really not an option any longer so something had to be done !

I had been contemplating for some time a 701 Enduro R and particularly liked the LR version for its increased fuel capacity and range

There were a few used bikes and one on here in particular that were for sale but I really wanted a new bike that I could tailor to myself and do all of the work myself

So a deal was done on a new unregistered 2021 710 Enduro R 'Travel Edition"

This came with the following :

Remus Slip on Silencer, Footbrake Lever Step Plate, Brake Fluid Reservoir Cover, Clutch Reservoir Cover, Factory Racing Ignition Cover Plug, Factory Oil Filter Cover, Oil Plug, Radiator Protection Grill, Skid Plate, Cool Covers Seat Cover, Style Graphics Kit, Sidebag Carrier kit, Side Bag Kit

I particularly disliked the side bags so they have already been replaced with a set of Gloss White Outback Motortek X-Frames which I will use to mount my Wolfman Expedition Panniers

As part of the deal I got a heavily discounted set of OEM accessories , one of which is the full kit of parts for the additional fuel tank , this comes with the tank , seat , panels , wiring harness and switches , fuel lines , upgraded radiator fan and all new decals so it ends up exactly the same as the LR version

I get delivery of the bike next Wednesday and will post pictures and updates as I strip then rebuild the bike over the coming weeks.....

Thanks for posting this John, I am in the same position, looking to work out how viable it is to convert a standard bike to LR spec. Look forward to seeing how it works out.

Nice !
I can recommend a Renazco seat if you want to do long trips .
Did 2900 miles on mine in 10 days including 668 miles on the last day . No aches whatsoever .Only 2 fuel stops .
af7fae5b43c7992ed7e6c25998ee49b9.jpg

912136bf98f067937c83c5db452bd0e1.jpg

Nice !
Did 2900 miles on mine in 10 days including 668 miles on the last day . No aches whatsoever .Only 2 fuel stops .

Yes - I have been reading your past posts with interest

Have you got a link for the fuel filler caps you have fitted ?

Nice !

Yes - I have been reading your past posts with interest

Have you got a link for the fuel filler caps you have fitted ?

From Nomad like most if my kit on the bike.

Well the new bike arrived and it's full steam ahead stripping and prepping it

One slight issue is that the additional fuel tank kit was delivered to the dealer with all of the parts except the actual petrol tank :-(

They are in discussions with KTM as to where it is and how they get it so that will cause me a bit of delay as I really need to get that test fitted first

Congrats.
Looks great, though I’m not a fan of the pannier racks and bags.Seems a tad in yer face….

Agreed - but they do look STRONG! They'll survive some severe knocks I would hope! Looks great John!

Get some Mosko Moto back country panniers on those racks. Thatll take the shock out of any falls.

Congrats.
Looks great, though I’m not a fan of the pannier racks and bags.Seems a tad in yer face….

I've had this style of pannier frames on all of my XChallenges and they work great and also protect the bike if dropped . I use Wolfman Expedition soft panniers with them

I like the new graphics. Not seen one like that before.

I've had this style of pannier frames on all of my XChallenges and they work great and also protect the bike if dropped . I use Wolfman Expedition soft panniers with them

Fair enough.
We all have different tastes, but I’m not keen on frames that stick out like scaffolding, which is why I went for the Nomad kit,which is very tight in on the bike but perfect for attaching Mosko Moto Reckless 80

15602954ac8d8dd442b7a13bfa8107f3.jpg

77249a324f28764c15573ffe265c3928.jpg

67c95f96509b8745207a5129e196252b.jpg

Fair enough.
We all have different tastes, but I’m not keen on frames that stick out like scaffolding, which is why I went for the Nomad kit,which is very tight it on the bike but perfect for attaching Mosko Moto Reckless 80

A agree it's all down to personal taste and what a boring World it would be if we all liked the same thing

I use Wolfman panniers on my GS but find the Kriega OS Combo 36 ones sit better on my 501. It’s just the way they hang and mount that does it plus they’re a bit better when it comes to reducing the pack size if you’re not filling them.

Well the new bike arrived and it's full steam ahead stripping and prepping it

One slight issue is that the additional fuel tank kit was delivered to the dealer with all of the parts except the actual petrol tank :-(

They are in discussions with KTM as to where it is and how they get it so that will cause me a bit of delay as I really need to get that test fitted first

Could you give me the outside dimension of these racks, I’m looking for some for my bike and the do look strong thanks

Back
Top Bottom