R7

Yamaha have gone down to a single digit in their model nomenclature .
For example the Tracer 700 and 900 are now the Tracer 7 and 9.
They are bringing out a 900 triple version of the R7 next year so will be the R9,so R7 makes perfect sense.
If they had called it the Racer 7 and Racer 9 you would probably have moaned that it doesn’t deserve to be given such a name without crazy power stats !! :-0)

Any plans to rename the R125 the R1?

Fitted an R & G Tail Tidy today.

What a bastard !!

The instructions were a tad lacking in places especially with regard to removing the OEM tail unit and then replacing the wiring loom for the number plate light.

Muddled through and got it sorted, but took four bloody hours !!!

8b5c1366033b72dddbba2e061938c0ed.jpg

138007ae334ba720de89c59a32b39651.jpg

Looks a lot better with that on.

One can resist everything.....................bar temptation.

That is one great looking bike.

I'd be more smitten if they did a yellow speedbock version

Had this one from 2008-2016. They are now appreciating :blast

Love the look of the new R7 by the way health to use :thumb2

Attachments

• _MG_6437.jpg
    _MG_6437.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 63
Yamaha have gone down to a single digit in their model nomenclature .
For example the Tracer 700 and 900 are now the Tracer 7 and 9.
They are bringing out a 900 triple version of the R7 next year so will be the R9,so R7 makes perfect sense.
If they had called it the Racer 7 and Racer 9 you would probably have moaned that it doesn’t deserve to be given such a name without crazy power stats !! :-0)

I've not ridden anything with the 07 engine in it; but i've sampled my lads 09 a few times; and what a motor; slipping that into sportsbike mode might be enough to tempt me to start using cod liver oil for the old joints to try and give me a fighting chance;:D :beerjug:

To think that the first R7 (OW-02) was a race homologation production model. Under powered if you didn't buy the performance upgrade package.

I've not ridden anything with the 07 engine in it; but i've sampled my lads 09 a few times; and what a motor; slipping that into sportsbike mode might be enough to tempt me to start using cod liver oil for the old joints to try and give me a fighting chance;:D :beerjug:

supposedly coming in the R9 next year.

0c5d7bcecc4fee27d88489d6719d3897.jpg

she looks super cool on that....tail tidy and plate look fab,

I think they’re a lovely looking bike but giving it the same name as a homologation special which could win races if you threw all available parts at it is just wrong.

Nori Haga rode an R7 and won WSB races on it which is how I prefer to think of an R7.

I think they’re a lovely looking bike but giving it the same name as a homologation special which could win races if you threw all available parts at it is just wrong.

Nori Haga rode an R7 and won WSB races on it which is how I prefer to think of an R7.

Dinosaur

It just messes up the history and evolution.
A bit like when they re-release pop songs 25 years later.

The R7 was, is and always will be Haga's WSB exotica, and not a budget twin.

With the Yamaha Speed Block and gold wheels that is an exceptionally good looking bike

Back
Top Bottom