R7

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok,let’s be honest….this is highly unlikely to appeal to anybody on here as there aren’t many racing snakes that frequent this place.
But just look at the thing in the speed block colour scheme.And for only £8.5k.

7fbc3a119888926b16fe9b29fefa6d1c.jpg

Looks fabulous and has the cracking twin from the MT-07.I reckon it would be a lot of fun.
OK, the Aprilia RS660 has a fair bit more poke, but then it’s another £2k ish.

4cb76997be824388055b526a37ba45c4.png

428ca7d328c7fb15d52765cac8260db6.jpg
9342618e9d73620ff921509f96a61fa0.png

e0419b2d448878f08e5716c32268a230.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ohy947BhVj0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My wife has a tracer 700 and it’s absolutely wonderful.

I personally put the current Yamaha 700 twin and 900 triple as 2 of the best motorcycle engines produced right now.

Looks fantastic, shame I’m old and fat, 23 year old me would have rocked an R7.

Hopefully we will see more of these economical and fun bikes, you really don’t need 200+ bhp, in fact, it spoils a lot of the essence of riding a bike imho.

Screwing the tits of a lower powered bike is just more fun that pootling around on a mega powered bike that does 90 in first gear.

I've said it elsewhere, I thought I was done with sportsbikes until seeing the reviews for this a few weeks back...it reminds me of my old TRX850, I'm very keen to try one.

My wife has a tracer 700 and it’s absolutely wonderful.

I personally put the current Yamaha 700 twin and 900 triple as 2 of the best motorcycle engines produced right now.

Looks fantastic, shame I’m old and fat, 23 year old me would have rocked an R7.

Hopefully we will see more of these economical and fun bikes, you really don’t need 200+ bhp, in fact, it spoils a lot of the essence of riding a bike imho.

Screwing the tits of a lower powered bike is just more fun that pootling around on a mega powered bike that does 90 in first gear.

Agreed.
Michael Neeves’ vid above talks much sense.
This 700cc twin with no rider aids makes much more sense than an R1 costing twice as much and festooned with bollox you’ll never really use.
I’ve not ridden a 700 but have ridden many variations of the 900, most recently the Tracer 9GT, which was fabulous apart from the sloping seat.

Yamaha should make an R9 version of this bike in the speed block colours. I would be very tempted.

That is a good looking bike and at an eminently sensible price. Hopefully the manufacturers are realising that most riders don't want or need stupid bhp figures and over complicated electronics for 5 figure prices. They may also have half an eye on the future Chinese invasion which will happen in the net few years.

Agreed.
Michael Neeves’ vid above talks much sense.
This 700cc twin with no rider aids makes much more sense than an R1 costing twice as much and festooned with bollox you’ll never really use.
I’ve not ridden a 700 but have ridden many variations of the 900, most recently the Tracer 9GT, which was fabulous apart from the sloping seat.

Yamaha should make an R9 version of this bike in the speed block colours. I would be very tempted.

The tracer 900 is another brilliant bike. The engine is an absolute peach.

The 700 is plenty fast enough also, it’s torquey too, it ain’t ripping the skin off ya face, but I’ve hooned around on it laughing like a kid, it’s a bike that revels in a good thrashing. It’s mega reliable, very frugal and the perfect marriage for a lightweight sports bike for those who remember what sub 100 mph fun is.

I think Yamaha are doing a fabulous job of offering real world bikes at the moment. Quality is very good and the price is spot on.

R9 and R7 would be proper bikes for an old LC type production racing series :okay

I've not ridden the Mt 7; but my sons Mt 9 is a great bike to ride; like you say; that engine really is special; a good old pro am series should pull a few in;:okay

R9 and R7 would be proper bikes for an old LC type production racing series :okay

That is exactly what I thought - 30 of these heading for the first bend at Donnington.... wouldn't that be brilliant?

I thought we'd never see a 'simple' bike again so this is a real breath of fresh air.

A friend just got his new R7 today, what a lovely looking bike it is :thumb2
He's really impressed with it, the CP-2 engine is a little gem.

(if anyone is selling their red/white, low mileage & spotless 700 Tenere, I'd be interested.)

Attachments

• R7.jpg
    R7.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 440
Got to be one of the best bike out there at the moment, agree with all that has been said, love the 60th anniversary model, if only I was young again! Bargain price as well, at £8400 for standard and £8700 for the 60th anniversary model.

Collected this just now.

089a9f2a737708d59207517f92011df3.jpg

747d575d3a3b90b22a5f6c7f17409ba0.jpg

f5c8bf4766f16d9de3b577ee53fc6796.jpg

721f7850b2555807045096cc9718c007.jpg

Only ridden it a couple of miles home around the coast but it’s great.
Cold day and new tyres but can already see how flickable it might be.
Plenty of grunt from the MT07/XSR/Tenere motor.
It’s a bit ‘wristier ‘ than it feels just sitting on it,but I’m an old git.

Bought it hopefully for wifey to use.
Got £500 off too so bit of a bargain I think.
She used to ride before we met but stopped about a decade ago as had a few scares and lost her nerve a bit-her last bike was a GSXR 1000 K7 !!!

She’s been using a 125 Honda scoot for work and has then ridden the little RC390 a few times.

9c1f9d2bf759c22f0a97e33492728d45.jpg

She loves that but finds it a bit tinny as all the available power is quite high up, being a single.

The R7 looks stunning in the anniversary colours and should be perfect for her when she’s ready to ride it.

The plan is to keep and ride both bikes together for now and the sell the RC390 later in the year.

Shame the shock is adjustable by C spanner as I dont want to keep having to wind up and down the preload-she’ll need the shock wound off as its quite firm and she’s on tippy toe.

Think I’ll end up using it more than her.Oh dear,what a hardship !!

I really like the R7 it is a stunning looking bike. I toyed with the idea of swapping the R1 which hasnt been out of the garage for 5 or 6 years but couldnt see the point of just putting something a bit shinier in its spot in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom