Oh dear...Just bought another

I've also fitted the upgraded cam chain tensioner and mine has done close to 300 hours now with no issues.

Have to say, I'm not sold on the manual tensioners, particularly for the 690/701. I'm with the Pirate Racing bloke on that subject.

That link looks interesting. Not heard of them before. Much of my 701 bling* has come from Vanasche in the US.

*Not so much bling, as essentials, as I like to think of them :)

Have to say, I'm not sold on the manual tensioners, particularly for the 690/701. I'm with the Pirate Racing bloke on that subject.

That link looks interesting. Not heard of them before. Much of my 701 bling* has come from Vanasche in the US.

*Not so much bling, as essentials, as I like to think of them :)

I have the Dirt Tricks auto chain tensioner on mine - works a treat.

I’ve got Vanesche stuff on the 690 too, it’s beautiful but expensive. AS3 do very nice stuff at reasonable prices - some of it is, of course, a bit of bling but there’s some useful stuff too. I’ve got axle blocks, chain guard and chain guide (with replaceable blocks), levers, case saver, disc guard, and a few other bits and bobs off them. Good quality and well designed stuff.

Certainly some interesting gear there. Liked the selection of levers.

Certainly some interesting gear there. Liked the selection of levers.

You’ll need them unless you change the brush guards because they bend back if you dump the bike on its side the wrong way (is there a right way?) and then your levers snap off where they’re notched.

I was looking for proper guards the other day, and couldn't find anything suitable really. I have PP ali wrap around guards on the 701 and they are very effective. I was about to buy the same for the FE, but decided to double check they fitted, so took them off the 701 and offered them up to the 350. Looks like they won't really fit nicely, so bought some spare levers instead.

Keeping an eye out for proper guards still.

I was looking for proper guards the other day, and couldn't find anything suitable really. I have PP ali wrap around guards on the 701 and they are very effective. I was about to buy the same for the FE, but decided to double check they fitted, so took them off the 701 and offered them up to the 350. Looks like they won't really fit nicely, so bought some spare levers instead.

Husky’s own ones fit very well (but at a cost).

Cycra are quite good too.

I’ve got Barkbusters on my 501 and they’ve got a substantial strip of aluminium to protect the levers. It’s not cast aluminium so shouldn’t break though you may end up with bent bars instead.

https://barkbusters.net/what-fits-my/husqvarna/fe-models-2014/vps/two-point-mount/

It’s the two point mounting that makes the difference :thumb2

It was genuine Husky/KTM parts that I tried, and it looked a very tight and possibly impossible fit. I had to reverse the piece between bar clamp and the guard and it still fouled the headlight a bit. I think they might be made by Barkbusters, or is it Acerbis?

JB, What is EE?

Looks like i'll have to start looking all over again.

+1 for Cycra

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 125
It was genuine Husky/KTM parts that I tried, and it looked a very tight and possibly impossible fit. I had to reverse the piece between bar clamp and the guard and it still fouled the headlight a bit. I think they might be made by Barkbusters, or is it Acerbis?

JB, What is EE?

Looks like i'll have to start looking all over again.

Enduro Engineering from USA - quality parts
Eurotek KTM are the uk importers
15% discount if you mention KTM uk forum

Update:

Due to lack of stock of hand guards generally, the only ones I could find to fit my bike were a pair of top of the range Cycras at silly money. Frustrated with the search, I bought them anyway, then came down with buyers remorse at the ludicrous price. Spirits were lifted again when there was an issue with their supply and i thought i'd get my money back :)

No such luck, they just got sent a couple of days later. Anyway, I checked them out and have to admit they were on a different plane in quality to any others I'd seen and was happy again. Then I found they didn't fit - parallel bored clamps wouldn't fit my tapered bars :(

Cycra's website is crap and was no help. Nor was their tech support guy who never answered the phone. 1 quick call to the suppliers - Dirtbikexpress, and despite the opened packaging, they were on their way back. Refund issued the same day they received them. Very impressed with their service.

Further PITA...

Noticed the front tyre was just about fecked, so went in search of my preferred replacement (Michelin Tracker), but despite Holeshot in Salisbury saying they had one, they didn't, and I ended up with an Enduro Medium, which I do admit worked brilliantly on the trails. Sadly despite it being a 90/90 18 like my previously used 90/90 18 Trackers, I find it needs a different, bigger mousse :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom